Post Game Thread : Washington Defeats Green Bay 42-25

Well there you have it....from his own words didn't set the game plan right for the season in all 3 phases....FP(

And there you have it, straight from the horse's ass mouth. It's been the same since the day he got here and absolutely nothing will change. The fact is, everyone in the NFL knows it, on both sides of the ball, and plays us accordingly.

What McCarthy said, without realizing it, "I don't have anything left to offer." He's toast. If Belichek felt that way, he would have been gone over a decade ago.

To Mike McCarthy: The wheel has been "reinvented" constantly since it's conception. Had it not happened, we'd be running around on tires made of stone. Fortunately, there are more innovative people in the world than those who make statements like that. What was it, the apocryphal attributed to Charles Duell, the Director of the Patent Office in 1899; "We can close the offices now. Everything that can be invented has been invented." McCarthy must be him reincarnate.

I'm OK with the statement in the sense that you can't really "makeover" the scheme much once you are deep into the season. It is a bit disturbing if he's really talking about "ever". If you can't adapt and learn new things you are doomed. Hell, in my own job . . . 90+% of everything I do today is different from how I did it when I started. In fact, if I was doing this job the same way I did it 10 years ago I might be shown the door. Time to move on Mike if this is all you got.

What do you expect him to say - publicly? We stink and all is lost? He's got a locker room full of players he has to coach for the next 6 weeks. I don't think him airing dirty laundry is gonna do the team any good at this point. We have no clue what is being said behind closed doors.

Any way to just not interview sports figures? When is the last time you heard something that actually meant anything? Sort of like interviewing politicians - if they're not going to say anything definite, and you don't believe what they do say, what's the point?

Back