Post Game Thread : Washington Defeats Green Bay 42-25

Well we now need to run the table with Philly and Seattle still on the schedule. Not happening.

We'll be 7-9 or 8-8. Capers will be asked to resign. Injuries will be blamed for the apparent "lack of talent". No more free agents will be added.

thumbsup
Zip, zero, nada.

thumbsdown))thumbsdown))thumbsdown))

The Offense - A lot of mental mistakes today. Still, they were less at fault today.
The Defense - sucked out loud today.
Special Teams -
Injuries - I feel like the Packers have lost a team's worth of defensive backs at this point (among other injuries).
MM - While there are a lot of things I could complain about, I'll just say - STOP RUNNING STARKS (and Lacy) OUT WIDE.
TT - Injuries or not, a team's struggles still belongs to the GM. I could take or lose him at this point. It's been a good run, but it seems like it is time.

The fish rots from the head down. It all comes down to Ted. How many weeks did he wait before signing a RB??? Just uses WR's as RB's?! This stupid franchise waits until Schneider is no longer available. They do NOTHING to stop the bleeding. Just sit there. FP(

I hope Ted bows out finally and Eliot gets his shot. Rumors have it that teams are interested in Wolf. Please don't lose another good GM, ala McKenzie, Dorsey, and Schneider! The team flat out quit tonight. That is NOT a good sign for the coaching staff. I honestly believe McCarthy is frustrated with Ted's modus operandi and I don't blame him! Time to start over, from the GM down.

The fish rots from the head down. It all comes down to Ted. How many weeks did he wait before signing a RB??? Just uses WR's as RB's?! This stupid franchise waits until Schneider is no longer available. They do NOTHING to stop the bleeding. Just sit there. FP(

I hope Ted bows out finally and Eliot gets his shot. Rumors have it that teams are interested in Wolf. Please don't lose another good GM, ala McKenzie, Dorsey, and Schneider! The team flat out quit tonight. That is NOT a good sign for the coaching staff. I honestly believe McCarthy is frustrated with Ted's modus operandi and I don't blame him! Time to start over, from the GM down.
Well said

Not much you can say after another game like this. GB has numerous issues right now. Defensively the front 7 as I stated a few weeks ago ... more bark then bite. You can not blitz 5/6 and not get home while playing that loosey- goosey coverage. If you don't have the bodies then you better adjust your scheme and play bend don't break.

Offensively they get no awards from me. Yeah the numbers were there but they should have been vs that D... really didn't get going fully to the 2nd half after adjusting his OL...that fix won't fly next week vs Philly (top 10 defense).

Howie Long said it best..you can't pass 188 times in 3 games and win in the NFL because teams can easily adjust to it. Also nobody here can bother with the "Cook is a savior" line.. for every 4 big plays he makes he makes 1 bone headed mistake (see fumble) which was his MO in St Louis. It's just not a very sound game plan anymore on offense..add an inconsistent group of WR and it's a mess.

GB has to win out to make this work. Can they ? I think they have at least 2 more loss's and finish 8-8. No playoffs.

Off season MM/TT stay put. Capers retires Zook gets canned. GB lets Lang and Peppers walk away and take a long hard look at Clay Matthews deal.

Let's see what Philly brings next Monday

If they finish 8-8 or 9-7 that will be awful means team ends up with a draft pick in the 15-20 range meaning you are still missing out on the top talent. I would rather see at most only one more win and finish 4-12 or 5-11 that way you will be picking 5-10 range and get a shot at a impact player.

Well looking back in history when we had bad teams and seasons like this.....they will lose out only to win last game and screw themselves in draft. One year did that and lost out on Aikman , pass on Sanders and took Mandrich. Next year same thing and missed out on Emitt Smith......FP(

Back