Post Game Thread : Washington Defeats Green Bay 42-25

It's been blatantly obvious for most of this season that TT's strict draft and develop has failed. One good thing about this season is that is has really exposed the failures of the front office to find adequate depth. I'm not even talking good depth. I mean just adequate depth. Someone so conservative with draft & develop can't miss on so many picks over the past five years. The fact TT has that philosophy yet consistently fields one of the youngest rosters in the league says it all. TT is just running out the clock at this point. There is zero justification in keeping him around. Why waste the last few years of Arods prime? I for one don't think Wolfe is the answer. I think GB needs new blood, new ideas, and most importantly a fresh start with someone who understands the modern NFL.

There were times when Monty and Cobb fought hard. Starks had some tough runs. Cook is what he is. Like Mark said he'll throw a boneheaded play in there every once in awhile. But he at least showed effort tonight. On the flip side where was Jordy? Your #1 WR commanded no respect from this defense. MM again has no answers on offense. Oh and where is your mid-high draft pick TE Rogers? Another miss by TT. That guys is just not good.

What happened to the vaunted front 7? The oh look we're the best run defense in the league? They got owned tonight. Cousins had all day to throw most of the time. Just not that talented. Soft schedule to start made them look better on paper than they were. A lot of high draft picks invested in that front 7, and zilch (another strike against TT).

Even Dix, Burnett, and the other veterans really got owned and look in general like rookies. No real development in the young guys. MM should take a hard look at his assistant coaches this offseason. But he won't.

The window slammed shut after the SEA playoff loss. No need to keep stringing this along with duct tape and chicken wire. Make the change everyone sees coming, move on, and maybe get another crack at one last SB run for Arod in 2-3 years. At this point Murphy needs to realize that while he doesn't get involved in football issues it does ultimately rest on his shoulders. I'm starting to wonder whether anyone above MM really actually cares about winning a SB anymore.

Last edited:
I don't even see 9-7 or 8-8 being in play at this point. The Texans and Bears seem like wins, but at this point I don't think we can even assume the Texans are a win other than it will be in Green Bay in the cold. The Eagles and "Hawks seem like losses. The bigger problem is that both the Vikings and Lions have something to play for. They are in a division race. It very well could be that the Lions game is meaningful for them - division or wildcard. Won't be like past years where you could slide into Detroit late in the season knowing the Lions have nothing to play for so probably won't give you much of a game.

Unfortunately, I can see 6-10 and 7-9 as the more likely final record for this team than I can see 9-7. Ugh!

I came away with something a little different than most people did from this game. McCarthy is grasping at straws, and can't let go of a good thing, to be diversified. It happened again last night.

Adams caught a pass. Every pass went to Adams until it failed miserably. The play was never used again. Cobb caught a pass, repeat the nauseating play until it too, failed miserably. Then, ride Cook until he finally coughed it up. There is absolutely no diversification of play calling. He gets into a rut, and rides it to the end. Then he chucks the whole thing in the trash can, never to be seen again, until next game. It was one receiver after another.

Meanwhile, downfield, Packer receivers are not only open, they're looking back and watching balls thrown into a crowd, instead of them, when open. After a while, they quit working to get open because it doesn't really matter. Nobody cares that they're open. The pass is going to someone who can't get open. Rodgers scrambles, gets sacked, or throws it away. Repeat on next down.

Here's a clue to McCarthy. Establishing a running game isn't done by showing everyone that on 2nd down and 10, you like to run it between the tackles. Nobody is impressed, and it's obvious you're trying to tell the opposition that you'll run any time. Of course, we end up 3rd and 9 to 12. Well played Mike! Faked them right out of their jocks!

If you blitz, get there. Don't give the QB 5 to 6 seconds in the pocket to throw the ball. You might also try going around a guy, with moves, like Peppers does, instead of trying to bull through them on every speed rush. When we have seven guys going to the QB, and absolutely none of them penetrate the offensive line, something is seriously wrong. Watching Matthews dancing with the LT was disconcerting. I couldn't tell which one was leading!

Anyhow, this season was a disaster before it started, and it's only gotten worse because of poor coaching and team management. Where it goes from here, and who's left here, next year, remains to be seen.

It's time to watch the games with more of a clinical view than as a fan. It's time to honestly evaluate who should, and shouldn't be in Packer uniforms next year. The worse the record, the better the draft pick. Sorry! It's true.

I believe in Lombardi's statement. "We finished 2nd once. I didn't like it!"

Who should go is easy replacing them is the problem with only 7 picks even IF for once all 7 end up being players. But I have a plan forth coming

I came away with something a little different than most people did from this game. McCarthy is grasping at straws, and can't let go of a good thing, to be diversified. It happened again last night.

Adams caught a pass. Every pass went to Adams until it failed miserably. The play was never used again. Cobb caught a pass, repeat the nauseating play until it too, failed miserably. Then, ride Cook until he finally coughed it up. There is absolutely no diversification of play calling. He gets into a rut, and rides it to the end. Then he chucks the whole thing in the trash can, never to be seen again, until next game. It was one receiver after another.

Meanwhile, downfield, Packer receivers are not only open, they're looking back and watching balls thrown into a crowd, instead of them, when open. After a while, they quit working to get open because it doesn't really matter. Nobody cares that they're open. The pass is going to someone who can't get open. Rodgers scrambles, gets sacked, or throws it away. Repeat on next down.

Here's a clue to McCarthy. Establishing a running game isn't done by showing everyone that on 2nd down and 10, you like to run it between the tackles. Nobody is impressed, and it's obvious you're trying to tell the opposition that you'll run any time. Of course, we end up 3rd and 9 to 12. Well played Mike! Faked them right out of their jocks!

If you blitz, get there. Don't give the QB 5 to 6 seconds in the pocket to throw the ball. You might also try going around a guy, with moves, like Peppers does, instead of trying to bull through them on every speed rush. When we have seven guys going to the QB, and absolutely none of them penetrate the offensive line, something is seriously wrong. Watching Matthews dancing with the LT was disconcerting. I couldn't tell which one was leading!

Anyhow, this season was a disaster before it started, and it's only gotten worse because of poor coaching and team management. Where it goes from here, and who's left here, next year, remains to be seen.

It's time to watch the games with more of a clinical view than as a fan. It's time to honestly evaluate who should, and shouldn't be in Packer uniforms next year. The worse the record, the better the draft pick. Sorry! It's true.

I believe in Lombardi's statement. "We finished 2nd once. I didn't like it!"

Missing open receivers is on Rodgers npt McCarthy. 87 was running free but 12 did not have the patience to let the route clear.

And Nelson wasn't the only open guy....either Rodgers not seeing them open which would be a huge concern or else is getting happy feet and what Pack said

And Nelson wasn't the only open guy....either Rodgers not seeing them open which would be a huge concern or else is getting happy feet and what Pack said
That running down field crap will be what ends his career ...some big safety or LB will BOOM ! That's all she wrote for #12.... Throw the damn ball away.

On the other hand don't want him crushed in the pocket and done either catch 22. We know the answer: different offensive scheme and routes. 1,2,3 throw to open guy or throw ball away and limit hits and runs

This team and whole organization feels like going through the drive thu right before close at a fast food joint and getting a burger and fries which has been sitting under a heat lamp for about 10 minutes. Stale and flavorless.

Missing open receivers is on Rodgers npt McCarthy. 87 was running free but 12 did not have the patience to let the route clear.

I didn't say that was on McCarthy. I stated he was open. Of course it's on Rodgers to find the open guys. The one thing you are looking past though is who are the #1, #2, & #3 reads? You can't see the entire field at one time. Patience really has nothing to do with it, when it wasn't part of the primary routes. Time runs out real fast when both your starting guards aren't playing due to injury.

Back