Post Game Tampa Bay Spanks The Packers

Packers DB's played like trash this game. Nixon should be cut to send a example of quitting gets you. Mayfield had average over 17 yards per completion. I thought the DL did good it's just the DB's who were horrible. Barry is a crap DL and I don't buy any excuse for anyone why he was brought back. He's awful

The offense was up and down. Love struggled missed some easy throws but he made some big ones. Also the TE's and WR dropped some passes they should have caught.

The OL was horrible again today. Could not run block and Love had somene in his face the whole game.

What a disappointing performance. They played okay on offense especially considering they were missing several important cogs. Only disappointment was the o-line was mediocre at best. The defense was absolutely atrocious in every way. Some of the problem is the players, especially the completely crap secondary, but some is scheme/coaching. This cannot continue. Heads need to roll and better players need to be found.

Positives:
- Love was fine today, not great, but good enough to win the game.
- Reed and Wicks continue to impress and will pass Doubs in the pecking order sooner or later.
- Kraft continues to impress and blow away the 3rd Rd curse.
- Special teams had no major meltdowns today.

Negatives:
- The defense.

The needed personnel moves continue to stay the same. A change needs to occur on defense from a coaching perspective. They need at least one CB and two S. Another ILB would be good along with a run-stopping NT/DT. On offense they need another guys to take the top off a defense considering how often Watson is unavailable. Also need RB, OT and OG. Essentially, other than needing a CB, nothing has changed since game 1.

If you want a completely non-reactionary take, I'm considering this season a big success. Going into this season I wanted to know:

• Does our extremely young offense show potential and growth throughout the year? This can't even be argued they are looking good even with injuries.
  • Is Love worth re-signing and running with for the next 3 years? Absolutely. He's not Rodgers but other than that he's got the stuff to be a starter.
  • With Barry's contract running out, will we finally get rid of him? We're a bottom 5 defense again I think there's a 0% chance he gets re-signed
We have our QB of the future. With an offseason to clean up his footwork and a full season of experience under his belt he's only going to get better. That's what I'm taking away from this season. Now fire Joe Barry! gp((

Back