Post Game Tampa Bay Spanks The Packers

To be honest, I don't like the idea of booting the DC out during the season. Yet, what do you do when your defense played so poorly that it is on record of playing the worst of any team in the NFL over the last 5+ years? Especially when you have your sights set on being able to make the playoffs.

You can't start dumping players. You don't have the cap room to replace them, and anyone available wouldn't be enough of an upgrade to have any real effect on the product. No matter what, you have to react, or your entire organization shows it lacks credibility.

The problem is, who is already in your coaching tree on defense that would be able to step in, and do a decent job? That's the Catch-22 in this whole fiasco. It's also the trap that LeFleur, Gute, and Murphy are all caught in, because of the ineptness of the defense. As I looked through the group, nobody stood out. It doesn't mean there isn't someone who can hold it together, it's just that nobody's name, or reputation, made me believe he was the guy.

The best way to describe the situation is that you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't, when it comes to letting Barry go now, or at the end of the season.

Anyhow, today will be the day that the decision is made, good or bad. We'll all have an opinion on it, and nobody will be right or wrong in their view.
Counterpoint: what must be done eventually should be done immediately. If they decided to move on from Barry then he needs to go now. It’s unfair to everyone to string it along so save his feelings.

Counterpoint: what must be done eventually should be done immediately. If they decided to move on from Barry then he needs to go now. It’s unfair to everyone to string it along so save his feelings.
That's the way I see it. Let him go now and send the message. No need waiting til the end of the year.

Issue with ML seems to be he has a game plan based on what his mentor Kyle runs. Thing is Kyle has the horses to run it. ML has ponies and donkies. ML I think issue is at times he thinks he has the horses instead of catering to his donkies.

To me the biggest need in off-season might not be the OL it's going to be the backfield. Yesterday showed that GB has perhaps the worst defensive backfield in the NFL. All we have are injury prone players who can't get on the field and guys who are at best questionable backup talent. I do not see one player at CB or S that say yep that guy is a fixture on our D for the next 5 years. Outside of Alexander and Stokes with their contracts there is zero guys on this team that even have a guaranted spot for next year.

To me the biggest need in off-season might not be the OL it's going to be the backfield. Yesterday showed that GB has perhaps the worst defensive backfield in the NFL. All we have are injury prone players who can't get on the field and guys who are at best questionable backup talent. I do not see one player at CB or S that say yep that guy is a fixture on our D for the next 5 years. Outside of Alexander and Stokes with their contracts there is zero guys on this team that even have a guaranted spot for next year.
There is room for Valentine on my roster, all day every day. I cannot spare him, he fights.

There is room for Valentine on my roster, all day every day. I cannot spare him, he fights.
I think him and Ballentine and Johnson are young and have shown some flashes and likely are on team next year but not sure if they are anything more then a backup player. This is another area were Gute has failed in making the roster better.

Agree with 44 blitz. Gutekunst never gets any of the blame... It is time for that to change.

On September 19th, I started a thread about Gutey and what I have seen as far as draft picks from him since 2018. I know I have not given a pass. Thread name is below:

Packer Defense- Is it Really Barry?​

Gute absolutely should be held accountable; however, he will be here along with ML until Murphy is gone in 2025. They are all tied together.

On September 19th, I started a thread about Gutey and what I have seen as far as draft picks from him since 2018. I know I have not given a pass. Thread name is below:

Packer Defense- Is it Really Barry?​

Gute absolutely should be held accountable; however, he will be here along with ML until Murphy is gone in 2025. They are all tied together.
Yep that's why Gute and ML have 2 more seasons to fix this if 2025 we are seeing them be this kind of team both will be gone.

Love had something like a 111.5 QBR.. you can’t view that as anything but a great performance. Especially considering his carousel of WR…

DL/LB had something like 5 sacks. That is a good performance.

The secondary got torched at all levels all game. Like someone said something needs to change. But the reality of the NFL is that is hard to do mid season with the secondary they have. But dear lord. When Quay is covering their top WR something is very wrong. On that last TD Ford start going nuts before the snap because he saw people out of position. Someone should have called a TO.

Anyway. I agree that there are a lot of solid pieces in place. But this is year 1 of a 2-3 year process. Things aren’t gonna magically fall into place even next year.

Cheese,

I saw it too. Walker and Campbell were on Godwin and almost every time Godwin torched them. That is one of my major issues with Barry. When did he adjust and why did it keep happening?

Back