Post Game Tampa Bay Spanks The Packers

Cheese,

I saw it too. Walker and Campbell were on Godwin and almost every time Godwin torched them. That is one of my major issues with Barry. When did he adjust and why did it keep happening?
This is the literal definition of being outcoached. The opposing team found a glaring weak spot in your defense. To compound the issue, you made no adjustments at all. It's not the first time this has happened to Joe Barry either. Enough is enough.

And no, it is not all Gute's fault. I think you're all looking at this the wrong way. It's only because of the talent of those players that Barry's D has had respectable PPG allowed numbers. The talent has carried HIM, not the other way around.

This is the literal definition of being outcoached. The opposing team found a glaring weak spot in your defense. To compound the issue, you made no adjustments at all. It's not the first time this has happened to Joe Barry either. Enough is enough.

And no, it is not all Gute's fault. I think you're all looking at this the wrong way. It's only because of the talent of those players that Barry's D has had respectable PPG allowed numbers. The talent has carried HIM, not the other way around.
All the more reason to cut bait and send a message.

Coaching matters. ML's group this year is historically young and experienced, plagued by injury and he has a first year starting QB plus the pressure of replacing Aaron Rodgers, but by league standards his unit is pushing top 10, with all that adversity. I don't want to hear "oh it's the talent" with the D and ST. Coach well, scout well, scheme well and you can make do with the talent you have. Arguably no D in the league is doing less with more than Barry is.

Joe Barry. Agreed. Moving on.

Walker and Douglas don't seem to work well together. Specifically, Walker seems much less effective when Douglas starts. Not as much because Douglas is making the plays... Walker seems much less connected to what the D is doing. Running around fast, but rarely in a place to make plays.

Love does not play well when blitzed, young QB thing, fixable but it's under pressure when he doesn't set his feet.

Great start for Jones... then nada. Where'd he go? Hope it was a pitch count and not just "forgetting" your main playmaker.

Wicks: welcome back. We missed you while injured.

Doubs: He is there... but not there. Makes a few nice catches each week, but just doesn't seem to be consistantly open.

Samari: Bo Melton is active over Samari? Not a great sign for the guy. An enigmatic guy.

Kraft: can't wait to have Musgrave back with Kraft. They are gong to make a wicket duo.

Stokes: Barely saw him out there. Which is good for a CB because it means they were going elsewhere. Nice day back. Granted Valentine was barely tested either... they just kept going to our very soft gooey center of the D. Nixon, ILBs, and Safeties gave up everything today.

Ok, I lied, a Defense question: Do we ever blitz? I don't remember a single one.

Kraft: can't wait to have Musgrave back with Kraft. They are gong to make a wicket duo.
1562052639093_0..jpg

One last thing that continues to bug me:

ML continues to not commit to running the football no matter if we are healthly, he is playing against a defense that struggles to stop the run, or just running the football well at a 5 to 6 yard average.

Jones carried the ball 8 times for 44 yards on the first drive for a 5.5 yard average and he only received 5 more carriers the rest of the game. And to say he is on a pitch count is ridiculous. If he was on a pitch count, then why is he carrying the ball 8 times on the first drive of the game. ML says the same thing after every game that he gets away from the run.

Despite Matt LaFleur saying otherwise prior to the game, following the Packers’ first drive on offense, it did look like Aaron Jones was going to have a heavy workload in his first game back from injury. On that opening series, Jones carried the ball eight times for 44 yards. However, through the remainder of the game, he would have just five more carries for nine yards and four receptions for 16 yards. After the game, and as he has in the past, LaFleur shouldered the blame for getting away from the run game in the second half.

Coaching matters. ML's group this year is historically young and experienced, plagued by injury and he has a first year starting QB plus the pressure of replacing Aaron Rodgers, but by league standards his unit is pushing top 10, with all that adversity. I don't want to hear "oh it's the talent" with the D and ST. Coach well, scout well, scheme well and you can make do with the talent you have. Arguably no D in the league is doing less with more than Barry is.

This is another thing. GB spends to bring in Richie gives him lot of say in personal and who we draft to rebuild ST and it's still crap. He's a over rated and needs to go with Barry also.

Joe Barry. Agreed. Moving on.

Walker and Douglas don't seem to work well together. Specifically, Walker seems much less effective when Douglas starts. Not as much because Douglas is making the plays... Walker seems much less connected to what the D is doing. Running around fast, but rarely in a place to make plays.

Love does not play well when blitzed, young QB thing, fixable but it's under pressure when he doesn't set his feet.

Great start for Jones... then nada. Where'd he go? Hope it was a pitch count and not just "forgetting" your main playmaker.

Wicks: welcome back. We missed you while injured.

Doubs: He is there... but not there. Makes a few nice catches each week, but just doesn't seem to be consistantly open.

Samari: Bo Melton is active over Samari? Not a great sign for the guy. An enigmatic guy.

Stokes: Barely saw him out there. Which is good for a CB because it means they were going elsewhere. Nice day back. Granted Valentine was barely tested either... they just kept going to our very soft gooey center of the D. Nixon, ILBs, and Safeties gave up everything today.

Ok, I lied, a Defense question: Do we ever blitz? I don't remember a single one.
Toure just another failed 7th round pick. No reason he's even on roster anymore.

Stokes there was a few times the WR ate his lunch and had a huge gain.

One last thing that continues to bug me:

ML continues to not commit to running the football no matter if we are healthly, he is playing against a defense that struggles to stop the run, or just running the football well at a 5 to 6 yard average.

Jones carried the ball 8 times for 44 yards on the first drive for a 5.5 yard average and he only received 5 more carriers the rest of the game. And to say he is on a pitch count is ridiculous. If he was on a pitch count, then why is he carrying the ball 8 times on the first drive of the game. ML says the same thing after every game that he gets away from the run.

Despite Matt LaFleur saying otherwise prior to the game, following the Packers’ first drive on offense, it did look like Aaron Jones was going to have a heavy workload in his first game back from injury. On that opening series, Jones carried the ball eight times for 44 yards. However, through the remainder of the game, he would have just five more carries for nine yards and four receptions for 16 yards. After the game, and as he has in the past, LaFleur shouldered the blame for getting away from the run game in the second half.
Running game could not get going because of crappy OL. They could not open holes and were part of Love struggles. Love had someone in his face the whole day. Stennovich can ride on the train out of town with Barry and Richie.

Back