Post Game: Steelers Defeat Green Bay 31-28

Way better game than I thought it would be. Maybe there is hope for Hundley. Maybe there is hope that this coaching staff can coach and gameplan according to their strengths. It's still a loss but they played hard and fought.

Give credit to the offense. They did a good job. They played well enough to win some games. Where they failed was in ball management, and a misjudged attempt at an extremely long FG. It was a mistake. It should have been a punt.

The defense was horrible. When you're having problems generating offense, you don't go out on the field and give up 31 points because of poor play. You suck it up, and find something inside, to be strong enough to win. The bright spot was once again #50. He was all over the field.

Message to Capers: You need to pressure Ben to stop Brown, and you need to do it quickly. Having 5 to 6 seconds on every play to watch receivers scamper open is absurd! If you can't generate a pass rush that works, retire, and let them find someone who can.

Message to Capers: You need to pressure Ben to stop Brown, and you need to do it quickly. Having 5 to 6 seconds on every play to watch receivers scamper open is absurd! If you can't generate a pass rush that works, retire, and let them find someone who can.

The problem seems to be pressuring the QB. Not sure if it's the injuries or what but it seems like a lot of teams get pressure and GB doesn't. On the flip side, GB didn't give up a sack on offense until later in the game so their Oline was getting it done.

Give credit to the offense. They did a good job. They played well enough to win some games. Where they failed was in ball management and a misjudged attempt at an extremely long FG. It was a mistake. It should have been a punt.

The defense was horrible. When you're having problems generating offense, you don't go out on the field and give up 31 points because of poor play. You suck it up, and find something inside, to be strong enough to win. The bright spot was once again #50. He was all over the field.

A. You have to have the right players to run a blitz-happy scheme ...we don't.
B. Both Randell and King were reinjured in the game... we flat ran out of healthy Corners.
C. Still throwing the ball too much. An example we left too damn much time on the clock at the end and it bit us again.

I am not sure WTH we were trying to do with the two safety over the top look all night. Capers is so arrogant he doesn't realize that coverage was figured out in the NFL circa 1994.FP(

I don't care if you believe me or not but are personal less Aaron isn't very good. To be 100% honest Pittsburgh was flat as crap last night. Take out the flags (I hate that crew) and a couple blown coverages and we get beat by 14.

The next 2 on paper should be easy wins if not or we lose 1 it's almost impossible to overcome.

Yea i dont believe that this team doesnt have any talent. Maybe not roster deep in reds and blues but there is talent.

Everyone expected us to lose by 30. Not one packer fan here thought he had a shot this week. O line played good. So much for watt destroying us. It was a gritty showing by the pack against..... Lets face it a better team. We could have went into this the same way fans were, but they didnt. There are plenty of holes and someday maube we can field a healthy squad but there is also some bright spots

Surprised me the offense held on for a close game. But the defense... ouch

Give credit to the offense for showing up. Those long TDs were a pleasant surprise as well...

I am not sure WTH we were trying to do with the two safety over the top look all night. Capers is so arrogant he doesn't realize that coverage was figured out in the NFL circa 1994.FP(

I don't care if you believe me or not but are personal less Aaron isn't very good. To be 100% honest Pittsburgh was flat as crap last night. Take out the flags (I hate that crew) and a couple blown coverages and we get beat by 14.

The next 2 on paper should be easy wins if not or we lose 1 it's almost impossible to overcome.

At this point I don't think you can expect this team to go 5-0 to finish 10-6 to maybe still have a shot at the playoffs. Right now if everything went right I think we can go 3-2 in last 5 to finish 8-8. But if the team that showed up vs the Ravens plays the last 5 we could easily go 0-5 and finish this year at 5-11.

Right now Packers are 9th in the NFC at 5-6 two games behind ATL who they don't have the tie breaker to so can say really 3 games behind because of that with 5 to go.

I agree with Mark. While there are some positives, let's look at the real picture.

Offense
O-line played well.
Williams continues to improve. Had a nice game running and catching the ball
Hundley- still has a slow release and holds on to the ball too long. Makes slow decisions. Let's face it. The two TD throws anybody could have made. They were that wide open.

Defense
It comes down to QB pressure. No pressure on Ben all night. This team is putrid on 3rd downs and has been since Capers took over. These corners have such bad technique. King looks like junk out there.

MM once again proved how inept he is in coaching decisions. Trying a 58 yard field goal in 38 deg weather with swirling wind. Stupid. Also, the Cobb in the backfield has got to stop. It doesn't work. It was proved again on the stupid play call on 4th down. Lastly, he abandoned the run once again.

Steelers gave us three TOs and we had none. We still lost. That tells you a lot about the talent level of this team and how bad we are.

Glad we played better but the Steelers played bad on D and on O. I think we all realize that.

Back