Post Game.... Steelers Defeat GB 24-19

One other note: 50-50 shot our punter for 2015 is in someone else's camp right now. Masthay was absolute crap today and Randall Cobb was holding on some FG this week in practice. Read between the lines.

One other note: 50-50 shot our punter for 2015 is in someone else's camp right now. Masthay was absolute crap today and Randall Cobb was holding on some FG this week in practice. Read between the lines.
I fully agree. Masthay has been terrible. Not just this season either. He was bad last year as well. Ted needs to get busy finding a better punter or the field position battle will be lost way too often.

wonder what happened to that guy? he was a decent punter in the beginning. not jon ryan good, but good enough for team that doesn't punt very often.

I don't think anything is wrong with Masthay. He's been solid.

I only got 3 quarters graded. OL was stinky with Lang and Sitton as the only ones above 0.1. For those debating Janis he graded 0.3 over all. Really not a bad game for him. White caught the balls thrown his way and had a nice block downfield. Improved from last week.

Missed tackles and protection breakdowns dropped the team to -08 overall through 3 quarters. I will admit the camera work made seeing everything tough in this game.

Will finish it after work Monday.

Another note, as I'm remembering them: HaHa Clinton Dix. He has a terrible habit of ducking his head and lunging at ball carriers and winds up bouncing off or missing altogether. When he actually keeps his head up and wraps up he tackles fine. He had a couple nice hard hits as the game went on but early he was bad. Think it was the second play of the game but he had Leveon Bell dead to rights at the LOS, ducked his head and Bell spun out of the tackle. Luckily Demarius Randall had charged in and made the play, otherwise it could have gone for some yards.

Have avoided media and Twitter this morning. Did only the pregame show and listened to the game yesterday. Last heard Larry McCarren and Coach MM briefly post game. Turned off radio and skipped post game shows where they do a verbal dissect of the game.

We all love WR Jordy Nelson because he has earned it every step of the way and remains his hardworking kind of a really plays team, selfless human being and football player who happens to be outstanding on football field. So whatever the actual injury - no doubt - hundreds of thousands of fans are pulling for him - including me to get through whatever this injury turns out to be and what has to be done.

Yesterday's game was remarkable on how many of the players got in and got an opportunity to show what they can or cannot do in certain situations. There will be a lot of film to look at and look at some more by Packers organization.

Not happy about the Safety points - Pack backed up and into own end-zone - they have to work out some plays to get further down the field and keep a drive alive.

When Janis first muffed the punt - I thought, "Oh boy, goodbye kid" - then the miracle of the untouched ball happened.

Most importantly Packers seem to be advantaging their preseason well. Going for the 2 point conversions - going for it on 4th downs here and there - some are brilliantly successful - some fail miserably - the important thing is they are working it. To me it's like they want to get to that next level as a team - even though preseason focus is about individuals who will or will not make the team.

Still think the Packers as a team + coaching are working the risks to rewards ratio and the next level for them is to have a high rewards percentage which takes reps and practice in these football situations. I still think they will assess risks vs. rewards in who makes this team.

Even for the miserable parts of yesterday's game (was it MM and many of you that spoke "SLOPPY"?) - I still like the big picture feeling I have even perhaps the 2015 Packers identity birthing - them wanting to have very sharp teeth (precision/execution) to take it to the next level. - Kaye

QUICK ADD-IN - very pleased to hear veteran Julius Peppers name called a lot during game yesterday mostly all in a positive way. He will help some of the younger football players mature out on that football field!

Last edited:
Yes, losing #12 would have been a lot worse. Plus we still have Lacy lurking back there for defenses to account for.

Back