Post Game.... Steelers Defeat GB 24-19

Janis dropped 1 pass and caught a few others, so not sure how some are saying he didnt have a decent game. The sideline catch was a nice one, but just missed getting the 2nd foot down.

Was a sloppy game in pretty much every area. It seemed like a team wide issue today and would bet we see a much better performance next week.

There was nothing at all wrong with trying Barclay at LT today with the starters so they could see how he would do there if needed in the season. Calls to cut him now are just plain ridiculus. It was an experiment in pre season. If he would of worked out, it would of been a much better option that taking Bulaga over there and putting Barclay at RT, chaning up 2 spots instead of 1. Now they know he dont fit at LT and will probly stay at RT. He is a solid backup for the RT spot. That sack in the end zone, there was 4-5 guys in on Rodgers at almost the same time, so the entire OL did a poor job that play, not just Barclay.

If reports are correct and Nelson tore his ACL and is done for the season, it will be a loss ad will hurt, but we will still be ok as the WR position has some decent depth and should be able to still keep the offense on top. It isnt the end of the season and wont kill our season, nor is it as bad as some feel. Next man up for the WRs. We cant afford more injuries though.

Aaron Ripkowski is showing why it's a good idea for the Packers to keep two fullbacks on their roster.

home

Continue reading...

Gunter is a lock. No way does he make PS.

Walker looked feasible at both Tackle spots. But he played strictly against backups.

Randall looked the part. Rollins too, though he did have two bad moments.

There is pass rush depth on this team (Vaughters, Elliot, Palmer from A gap, Jones had a couple of good ones, Gaston)

They ran for two short yardage scores. If Harris could catch, he would be a one man red zone band.

Ripkowski can play ST coverage. A sorely needed trait. Janis can do it too.

With Jordy out , somebody will have to step up. Now is the moment.

If somebody gets to 80% Jordy and other guys step up, we'll be fine.

A bigger worry is the Defense and the skirt wearing prevent defense Defensive Coordinator.

And, a bigger worry is the Offensive Line.

And, a much bigger worry is that we have apparently read and listened to all the prognosticators saying we were going to the big game.

And, a much bigger worry is the effort.

(And, history should have taught us by now that even a healthy Packers defense is not to be trusted. We should always be shooting for 40+ points.)

Biggest worry is that I won' t have enough beer for the games this year... this we will have to fix ! br)shots)

K, first off I didn't see the whole game.. Was stuck at work. So only saw part of it. But observations in general:

If Gunter hasn't already claimed a spot on the 53 MM is smokin something. This kid will not make it to PS. I think it's goodbye Goodson hello Gunter...

Janis didn't help himself today. May get a bump is Jordy is really done for year or out half season.

Rip looks like a nice pick. Not great, but solid, young, and hungry. Put me in the I think Kuhn is gone camp. Can't see anyone keeping 2 FB these days.

Tolzein looks solid again. Hundley not so much. Don't see a need to keep 3 QB's ... Hundley will make it to PS, would be good for him to be there for a year.

agree on gunter. disagree on janis. nobody had more catches today for the packers than jeff janis.

ripkowski looks solid on special teams. if aaron rodgers is confident with him in the backfield, you may be right about kuhn.

tolzein had some good moments in the first half. only completed two six-yard passes in the two possessions in the third quarter.

the hundley we saw today was sort of what i expected last week. we'll have to wait and see whether week 1 hundley was just an aberration or if there is something there.

Let's be fair. Pittsburgh was playing their third game and we were playing the 2nd. So from that standpoint they wanted to prove a little more and did so.

I have this on DVR.... grading it now. Will post later .

Pretty hard to give Hundley a grade after that game. The O Line effort in front of him was pretty sad. Janis is one heckuva gunner on punt coverage. IMO he will be in some of the subpackages we have. His job: GO! If he can keep the safety honest we have plenty of underneath route runners, Adams, Cobb and Montgomery. I'm most worried about ILB. Barrington was invisible and Palmer made me pine for Hawk! The steelers did their damage right up the middle.
On the positive-Gaston provided consistant push up the middle and the DBs are getting better by the game, including Shields. Tremendous competition there!

I can't really give Palmer a grade playing with that club on his hand. He's in position and can't wrap up because he is playing with one hand.

Gunter clearly belongs. Randall had a nice game, going up for a pick. Rollins misplayed that one long ball and didn't have the speed to catch up to Bryant, otherwise you didn't hear his name called much, which is a good thing. All three of the young 'uns have shown to be willing tacklers.

Barclay cannot play tackle. He may be better at guard but man he literally got both AR and Tolzien hurt today. He seems to be in process of playing himself off the roster.

Janis was the first man in to replace Jordy, he's not going anywhere. He had a nice day overall, despite the drop.

Until I hear from Dr Pat McKenzie I will join coach McCarthy in the LaLa Land of Denial and hope we can get Jordy back some time this year.

Oddly enough, I don't think this is going to be as bad as some people are making it out to be. We still have Randall Cobb and Davante Adams. Teams would kill for that duo. Add in the sleeper value that Montgomery can offer, I think we will be able to make up the gap reasonably. One thing that will surely be missed however though is the chemistry between Rodgers and Jordy. Those back shoulder throws and sideline grabs are something that our other receivers can't replicate. At the end of the day, sure, we lost one of the most dangerous weapons in our offense, but we still have #12 commanding the ship.

Back