Post Game: Raiders beat Packers 17-13

Here is what I saw

Love is young. We all know this but he has had 3 years in this system. He should know this offense like the back of his hand. When I see him play, he looks lost. He is slow with his reads and he lacks accuracy. (which we all knew already) I understand the o-line was not great the last two games and it is a problem but Clements has to fix this. The only time Love seems to be able to sustain a drive is when we have a healthy balance with the run and the pass. If we cannot run and do play action, he seems to struggle.
This game and first half against Detroit yes, I agree about his reads. I cannot agree that this has been an issue overall for him though, the first three games IMO it’s actually been a strength. Deep ball accuracy I mean yeah, that’s pretty clearly an issue.

Individuals exhibiting this level of high time preference thinking should be stripped of their right to vote.

It’s going to be a long two weeks with the bye coming off this sort of game, I suggest staying more or less off of Packers social media for the next couple days.

Yep. These are the fans that don't know football and have knee jerk reactions to everything. Most of them on social media sites never even played football.

Anyone who thinks a new QB is the answer needs to have their head examined. This roster is a mess. Not even Brady would be able to make this offense run well. Give it time and don’t over react. The issues are so much deeper than the QB. And I agree we can’t really judge Love fairly right now. He needs to improve for sure. But step away from the cliff and grab a drink.

Last edited:
Defense only gave up 17 points despite Love turning the ball over 3 times. So can't say the defense played horrible. ML needs to start stepping up. The offense has been putrid and this is his baby to run.
They weren’t an issue this game necessarily but I’m actually close to calling it for that group. The core to me is off. The coaching on the D side has been discussed to death but there’s a player chemistry/vibe thing on D that isn’t quite right either, I think they’ve kinda had their chance and it’s time to change the culture. Just me, right now I would be open to hearing offers for Clark, Smith, Rasul and Jaire, and if the team continues to muddle along I’d be looking to actively move one or more of them at the deadline.

This came from the Manning broadcast last night:

Peyton Manning said that it looks like Love is not “seeing the field quickly enough" and that many times guys are open but by the time Love sees and throws it, they are covered up again. Eli said Love has to “anticipate guys getting open and not wait until he sees them open". That’s why the throws are late.

This came from the Manning broadcast last night:

Peyton Manning said that it looks like Love is not “seeing the field quickly enough" and that many times guys are open but by the time Love sees and throws it, they are covered up again. Eli said Love has to “anticipate guys getting open and not wait until he sees them open". That’s why the throws are late.
Love also has to trust that guys will be where they need to be. And as we saw several times during the game that wasn’t the case.

Just need time to get in synch. And with constant injuries there is very little consistency to get used to. It will come but there are issues in every phase of the offense right now. It will come but patience is key…

Back