Post Game: Raiders beat Packers 17-13

Rough game for sure tonight. It's nothing new but these are gonna be the types of games from here on out. No real rhythm on offense. Missing Jones on O. Hopefully the bye can bring some answers and they can tighten up a few things.

Not much good to say about tonight, except that Carlson still hasn't missed a kick.

The offense is a mess, and really has not been all that good all year. Love is not good right now and if this continues he;ll force the team to put QB back on the draft board next spring. MLF seemed to have few answers for a very mediocre Raiders defense. He has work to do as well.

Then again, if the o-line wasn't a total mess the above 2 things might not be so glaring. The line seems to have really taken a step back since Stenovich was promoted. The o-line coaching spot hasn't really been scrutinized much but maybe it should be.

The defense didn't play well enough when it mattered, but anytime you hold a team to less than 20 points you really should expect to win.

I wish the Packers had one player on defense as disruptive as Crosby. He took over the game for long stretches.

Looks like a top-10 draft pick just might be in our future if they don't find some answers on offense.

the defense wasn't perfect but they held the raiders to 17 points, less than 100 yards rushing, and adams to under 50 yards.

by all accounts, the ol was awful. but they only gave up 2 sacks. maxx crosby seemed to be everywhere, but mostly lived in our backfield. i was surprised to see that he only had 4 tackles.

jlo threw 30 passes. 16 were caught by the packers and 3 were caught by the raiders. several throws were way off the mark, and not just the long ones.

the lowlight of the game for me was when we finally got the long completion to watson right down to the 3 yard line, we only came away with 3 points. pathetic.

imho the play calling left a lot to be desired. i'm really starting to lose confidence in mlf. i think he was fortunate to have a future hof qb his first 3 years to make the most of his offense and now that he has an average qb, he can't make it work.

if things continue the way they are, i doubt we will win more than 4-5 games.

This was the type of games that I thought the Packers would have a chance to win. I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe my estimation of them winning 7 games was a little high? They might not be good enough to make that figure. Right now, I'm not certain.

Things I wondered about as the game played out.

On offense. Just about everything failed. I don't think any of it was because of lack of effort. I think it boiled down to offensive scheme, pressure from the defense on Love, and receivers failing to complete their routes on time, for Love to get the ball too them. He was hurried constantly.

On defense. Why do the Packers have to play a minimum of 7 yards off the receivers at the line of scrimmage on plays where they only need 3 or 4 yards for a first down? They get picked apart by the short throws that there is no way they can stop. That would be on scheme, not on their lack of ability to stop the pass. The short pass becomes the equivalent of a run for the opposition, and it works. Why did Wilson, a free agent they signed with several years of league experience, look like our most polished defender when it comes to run stopping? What is it that other teams teach that the Packers don't?

The glaring weakness of this team is talent. There isn't enough of it on the roster to make them highly competitive, and I'm beginning to wonder if the coaching staff is capable of identifying it and cultivating what there is, to at least be an average team.

None of what's happened, to date, surprises me. This team is what it is, and needs to go through a transformation to really be competitive. If you can't play better against a team like the Raiders, you have serious problems.

As for the good. Either defense did a credible job in keeping the Raiders off the board, or the Raiders offense is as inept as the Packers offense. It's hard to say. At this point, one of these two teams could be looking at a top 5 or 6 pick in the next draft.

Just a first opinion, without going over the game in detail. I don't think I want to at this point. It was nauseating.

Preston Smith covering Davante Adams is the stuff of comical memes that are already being produced in mass.

Barry playing Rudy Ford and co. 10 yards off the WR while the Raiders were on the Packers 10 yard line …it’s literally Groundhog Day year in and year out with Dingle Barry.

This team has no identity and it seems on offense, they have no clue what they are doing or who they are.

A top 10 pick in the draft seems very plausible at this point.

This is a very young team on offense whose receivers are still getting used to the NFL style game. Add to that a dreadful OL who makes the QB nervous and there you go. Crosby doesn't need sacks and tackles to disrupt an offense. It will get better over the years. But the talent is just not there right now at receiver or TE. They're good enough against the Bears. But overall the failures of Gutey to provide meaningful depth on OL and at receiver is coming home to roost. Because now you have to wait for a lot of young guys to get up to speed on an offense based on timing and being in the right place at the right time.

Love will be fine as long as he can deal with these games mentally and move on.

Def held them to 17, bunch of sacks and an INT. Can't ask for much more than that regardless of Barry's ridiculous 10 yard cushions. At least against a team as bad as LV.

The team is what we thought it would be. A lot of work to do. Biggest issue right now is the OL just isn't good. Regardless of what it looks like on paper.

Back