Post Game KC Outlasts GB 13-7

Just can't get over the fact that we were averaging 5 yards per carry and we passed it 34 times to only 20 rush attempts in a game that was never out of reach. So yeah, I'm giving Love close to a complete pass on this one. He looked fine when the play-calling had any sort of diversity to it. LaFleur by and large is one of the most innovative offensive minds in the league, but he has these absolutely brain-dead "trust the spreadsheet" moments at times.

I don't care if it says you should throw against a stacked box, you couldn't have telegraphed the blitzes anymore than Spagnuolo did. And the route trees looked like it was some McCarthy era ****.

Yes. To all of this

Packers are 5th in yards allowed and 6th in points allowed. If they get Jaire back they really could have a dynamite defense.

In terms of Love, way too early to tell. He looked pretty good when not blitzed, awful when blitzed. Blitz recognition comes with practice time, tape review, and getting in games. Special teams and coaching left a lot to be desired.

Packers are 5th in yards allowed and 6th in points allowed. If they get Jaire back they really could have a dynamite defense.
It's crazy to see those stats. I've been surprised. The D isn't this high flying, megawatt type of juggernaut, on camera, but they just have been getting the job done and done well. Get some people back, as you say, and the sky could be the limit.

Get the STs cleaned up and then watch out.

It's crazy to see those stats. I've been surprised. The D isn't this high flying, megawatt type of juggernaut, on camera, but they just have been getting the job done and done well. Get some people back, as you say, and the sky could be the limit.

Get the STs cleaned up and then watch out.

They've been playing heavier up front to stop the run and playing relatively soft in the back end and coming up to tackle. They've been tackling well, generally not giving up big plays and most of all I think Campbell has made a huge difference in the middle of the field. Adds up to an improved unit.

By the way, does anyone remember my comments out here about spinning the ball for the kicker? How the holder does it all the time? We saw it play out this Sunday, and I believe it was enough of a distraction/problem, for Crosby, that it cost us two of his kicks.

Not all of the blame falls on the holder. Part of it is on the long snapper, but not necessarily by choice. His snaps might have more revolutions, or less revolutions getting back to the holder than the previous LS. That can change what the holder expects, and it takes time to adjust to those tendencies, and the change in his rotation for the kicker.

As far as effect on the kick? It's huge, believe it or not. It can make the difference of over a foot left or right, sometimes even more, just from air resistance. Add to it the feel for the ball on their foot when they kick. It's an "exact science" to these guys.

As an ex-kicker, punter, I can tell you that everything about all three jobs on FG attempts is essential that they be done consistently the same way.

They just swapped out the longsnapper during the week, too.

If my memory is correct each miss has been wide left. That’s more mechanical than anything else. Maybe I’m an outlier here but this started after the Pittsburgh block where there was pressure from the edge. The block was more inside push. Golf analogy….you start duck hooks to compensate, body and club going to fast. Same here. Seems he’s rushing

If my memory is correct each miss has been wide left. That’s more mechanical than anything else. Maybe I’m an outlier here but this started after the Pittsburgh block where there was pressure from the edge. The block was more inside push. Golf analogy….you start duck hooks to compensate, body and club going to fast. Same here. Seems he’s rushing
It was mechanics. Of course it was. They went wide. He didn't hit it where it should go. Your answer didn't address any of the reasoning, just pointed out obvious results.

Compare it to golf if you'd like, but remember, in golf, it's all on the guy swinging the club. Even then, a noise alone can be enough of a distraction to throw the golfer off, and create a bad shot. So, amplify this to a kicker, where others are part of the equation, and you might find that it amounts to more than his mechanics were off. Even a ball placed 1" off center where it should be placed can create a lot of movement left or right because the kicker has already started his motion and picked the spot where he will make impact on the ball. He doesn't decide that as he plants his foot and starts his leg swing. By then, he has very little options. Even a tilt, or a little too much pressure on the ball by the holder can cause a kick to go low, and be blocked. Lots of variables. Not all mechanics by the kicker.

Back