Post Game KC Outlasts GB 13-7

All I know is, judging by the media reaction, Jordan Love and ML and Gute are really going to need to steel themselves against the onslaught this offseason. I didn't think it was possible but it's going to be worse than when they moved on from Favre. There was no social media back then, and impatient myopic millennials weren't part of the journalism scene in numbers yet. Feb-August is going to be BRUTAL.

I'm a huge ML proponent. I really believe his program is doing well. I do, however, have the same worry. Sometimes these guys, much like a franchise Alpha QB, believe they are the smartest in the room. I'm not accusing ML of being a narcissist but sometimes I feel like they are telling us fans and the media what they think we want to hear. Then, go back to the offices, and it's business as usual because what do we know as fans?
Coaches try to shut the noise out. Fans are just that - fans. They have no idea about the inner workings of the team itself. The health issues, personal issues, and team chemistry. Then there's issues of what combinations of players complement each other's talents on the field under various circumstances that matter. The list is endless.

For arm chair QBs, all they really see is what plays out on the field, and what they see/hear about in the public. It's difficult making astute assumptions about the team with just that narrow a view.

Yet, the court of public opinion does carry weight when it comes to the direction teams go at times. The last thing a franchise, and coaches, want to do, is alienate the fan base.

Yesterday's loss to the Chiefs is a prime example. The traffic on the internet hashing this game out among the talking heads has even gone to absurd. Listening to them is like listening to a bunch of chatty old women on an old party line telephone system talking about that woman down the road who "may" have loose morals.

Yesterday's loss to the Chiefs is a prime example. The traffic on the internet hashing this game out among the talking heads has even gone to absurd. Listening to them is like listening to a bunch of chatty old women on an old party line telephone system talking about that woman down the road who "may" have loose morals.
That's an instant classic CLP)

Coaches try to shut the noise out. Fans are just that - fans. They have no idea about the inner workings of the team itself. The health issues, personal issues, and team chemistry. Then there's issues of what combinations of players complement each other's talents on the field under various circumstances that matter. The list is endless.

For arm chair QBs, all they really see is what plays out on the field, and what they see/hear about in the public. It's difficult making astute assumptions about the team with just that narrow a view.

Yet, the court of public opinion does carry weight when it comes to the direction teams go at times. The last thing a franchise, and coaches, want to do, is alienate the fan base.

I wonder how many people here remember party lines?

It was the 50’s-60’s version of a zoom call

Just can't get over the fact that we were averaging 5 yards per carry and we passed it 34 times to only 20 rush attempts in a game that was never out of reach. So yeah, I'm giving Love close to a complete pass on this one. He looked fine when the play-calling had any sort of diversity to it. LaFleur by and large is one of the most innovative offensive minds in the league, but he has these absolutely brain-dead "trust the spreadsheet" moments at times.

I don't care if it says you should throw against a stacked box, you couldn't have telegraphed the blitzes anymore than Spagnuolo did. And the route trees looked like it was some McCarthy era ****.

Back