Post Game GB Beats the Vikings 33- 10

Not really, Tucker admitted he needed that time to adjust the speed of the NFL in his blocking game. South Dakota State to the NFL takes a minute. I might say the opposite, kudos to his position coach and getting him to transition.
Good point. He did have more to learn. He's really ahead of the curve.

When the Packers played the Vikings in Week 8, Brian Flores and his unique blitzing defense had Love flummoxed. Love completed less than 60 percent of his passes, threw an interception and was sacked four times. The Packers only scored 10 points.

This week, Love completed 72 percent of his passes and threw three touchdown passes, he wasn’t intercepted or sacked once, and the Packers scored 33 points. The game showcased how much Love has progressed this season but LaFleur aided his young quarterback with an excellent gameplan that attacked areas that they weren’t able to take advantage of in their first matchup. For example, they were highly efficient on rhythm throws to outside breaking routes.

Love also took advantage of the Vikings’ defense by standing strong in the pocket while quickly getting through his progressions on vertical concepts.

On Love’s first touchdown pass, the Vikings showed blitz but backed into a Cover 2. The Packers had a four verticals concept called and Love got to his third read and threw a beautiful ball off of his back foot. It’s usually hard to beat Cover 2 deep but because the Vikings use exotic disguises, their defensive backs have a lot of distance to cover and Reed was able to get behind them.

The Packers got a lot of mileage by motioning in one direction to get the secondary to adjust and then throwing in the opposite direction.

7:07 remaining in the third quarter, first-and-10

Packers1a.jpg

Here, the Packers lined up in a bunch formation and motioned receiver Bo Melton across the formation. Away from the motion, they had a spacing concept with tight end Tucker Kraft running a flat route. Though this is usually a concept thrown on three-step (quick) timing, they had an intermediate crosser coming from the opposite side. The Vikings had a blitz called away from the motion, which left the flat open.

Packers2a.jpg

Love saw the blitz and quickly got rid of the ball to Kraft for an easy 13-yard gain.

1:28 remaining in the third quarter, third-and-2

Packers3a.jpg

Later in the same drive, the Packers flipped the formation but ran the same play in the red zone. This time, Romeo Doubs went into fly motion, while Melton ran the intermediate crosser.

Packers4a.jpg

Love gave a subtle pump fake to Kraft, causing the Vikings’ defensive backs to jump him, leaving space behind them for Melton.

Packers5a.jpg

Love reset his feet to line up with Melton and threw a perfect pass off his back foot for the touchdown.

On several plays in this game, Love threw deep off his back foot. The Packers likely knew that they could pop some receivers wide open if they could buy some time. Love trusted the game plan and executed at a high level. He’s made some massive strives throughout the season.

I know this may not go over well, and I don't mean it in a bad way, but I think ML is still learning too. Especially with a new QB, I don't think it can be underestimated that Love's growth, is in part, due to MLs growth as well. It's a good thing.

I know this may not go over well, and I don't mean it in a bad way, but I think ML is still learning too. Especially with a new QB, I don't think it can be underestimated that Love's growth, is in part, due to MLs growth as well. It's a good thing.
I agree to an extent but remember he didn't have the full context of his offense in with #12 for a variety of reasons( not a knock on anyone just a fact) I think what you have seen is they got comfortable with what Love likes and what his boundaries are etc.....

They run more two-tight stuff and have zero read option in the call sheet for example. This wasn't what they used the past two seasons.

When I watched the clips on Kraft, and saw him in camp clips, and preseason, he had a punch to his blocks. He didn't sashay up so someone and lay a dainty little finger on them, he full-assed blasted them with both hands, shocking them. That's a guy who comes to play. He isn't playing powder puff football, he's playing 1960s and before smash mouth football that says that if you ain't bleeding, you ain't playing hard enough.

TEs have to know that their #1 priority is blocking. The pass catching is nice, and glitzy, but putting down some guy who broke through containment and is about the level your QB needs to be dealt with quickly and effectively. You need to explode on them, totally disrupting their entire intent. This is the game Kraft brings to the table. That's why I've liked him since day one. His hands will also be something to be happy about. He's already shown he isn't afraid of getting hit making a catch, and doesn't go down on contact when he's running with the ball. He's a punisher.

When I watched the clips on Kraft, and saw him in camp clips, and preseason, he had a punch to his blocks. He didn't sashay up so someone and lay a dainty little finger on them, he full-assed blasted them with both hands, shocking them. That's a guy who comes to play. He isn't playing powder puff football, he's playing 1960s and before smash mouth football that says that if you ain't bleeding, you ain't playing hard enough.

TEs have to know that their #1 priority is blocking. The pass catching is nice, and glitzy, but putting down some guy who broke through containment and is about the level your QB needs to be dealt with quickly and effectively. You need to explode on them, totally disrupting their entire intent. This is the game Kraft brings to the table. That's why I've liked him since day one. His hands will also be something to be happy about. He's already shown he isn't afraid of getting hit making a catch, and doesn't go down on contact when he's running with the ball. He's a punisher.
TW so he now just needs to go around dressed like this?

2314817f-a42c-4d42-95a7-4aa3717a5420-punisher.jpg

Back