Post Game GB Beats the Vikings 33- 10

Just some random thoughts.

What a great game! I thought that Love was outstanding and I'm continually surprised at how well he is doing.

Jones ran for over 100 yards. I don't think he has done that all season.

I can't say enough about Reed and Melton. I hope that Reed has not injured himself further. These rookie receivers have really been stepping up and filling in the gaps.

Preston Smith also played a great game and Clark gets an honorable mention. I thought the defense over all played fairly well. For the most part they kept Jefferson in check. But with the back-up QB's back-ups it wasn't much of a challenge. I sure hope LaFleur has the guts to let Barry go at the end of the season.

One last thing. I'm probably the only one who is not thrilled with the idea of going into the playoffs. I don't think we're good enough to go anywhere. We're too banged up and inexperienced.

One last thing. I'm probably the only one who is not thrilled with the idea of going into the playoffs. I don't think we're good enough to go anywhere. We're too banged up and inexperienced.
i can understand your feelings, but if the packers do get into the playoffs, we should get a somewhat decent idea of which players we should definitely keep and which ones are expendable. we probably won't go very far, but i'd like to see which players can hold up and give full effort against a playoff team with the added pressure of the playoffs on the road.

it's been a long time since we had a tight end with his attitude. i really enjoy watching him play.
He has been a welcome pleasure to watch, with that attitude, work ethic and on-field demeanor.
Kraft may end up being better than Musgrave. It's hard to tell at this point. Kraft brings an attitude on the field that resembles what Jim Taylor had. He likes to sting people.
He sure is making the most of his playing time. The unfortunate injury to Musgrave has turned out to be a catalyst for seeing what the Packers have in Kraft. It's definitely going to help in his growth and development.

He has been a welcome pleasure to watch, with that attitude, work ethic and on-field demeanor.

He sure is making the most of his playing time. The unfortunate injury to Musgrave has turned out to be a catalyst for seeing what the Packers have in Kraft. It's definitely going to help in his growth and development.
What bothers me is that the coaching staff didn't see his game prior to Musgrave's injury. I get the impression they were too focused on making Musgrave a star.

What bothers me is that the coaching staff didn't see his game prior to Musgrave's injury. I get the impression they were too focused on making Musgrave a star.
Not really, Tucker admitted he needed that time to adjust the speed of the NFL in his blocking game. South Dakota State to the NFL takes a minute. I might say the opposite, kudos to his position coach and getting him to transition.

Kraft may be a kid who shows different in practice than on the field… he may not have shown enough in practice, especially as a blocker, to warrant more time. But as necessity got him more time in game he was able to show. I doubt the coaches saw this and were just ignoring it…

Kraft may be a kid who shows different in practice than on the field… he may not have shown enough in practice, especially as a blocker, to warrant more time. But as necessity got him more time in game he was able to show. I doubt the coaches saw this and were just ignoring it…
I said when we drafted him he would be a future TE1 and bought his jersey GB FO and coaching staff should have just listened to me and played him a bunch right away. :)

Back