Packers vs Cardinals - Gut reaction

Imo he needs to learn the playbook, know where to line up.
This can easily become an issue when a player only participates in certain packages. They learn their assignments, but if an injury forces them into the line up in another package, they are often clueless as to where they should align, and what their assignment is.

In those cases, if you watch carefully, you can see guys in the huddle trying to give them a quick study on their jobs.

Against the Cards, we saw this happen with DeGuara a couple of times. Once they even had to burn a time out.

This can easily become an issue when a player only participates in certain packages. They learn their assignments, but if an injury forces them into the line up in another package, they are often clueless as to where they should align, and what their assignment is.

In those cases, if you watch carefully, you can see guys in the huddle trying to give them a quick study on their jobs.

Against the Cards, we saw this happen with DeGuara a couple of times. Once they even had to burn a time out.
I like DeGuara. Runs and blocks better than Tonyan. But he needs to pull it together.

That REALLY surprises me. I hope he can come back. He'd make the defense that much better. But back surgery is scary stuff, especially for a pro football player taking those kinds of hits. I hope he doesn't rush it. That could ruin his health permanently. Not worth it, imo. But I'm sure the Packer staff will keep a close eye on his progress.

So looking at TE's out there. Not much out there but one that would cost nothing as he's a street FA and would sign for the pro-rated vet min would be Trey Burton. He clearly would not start but could add depth to the team.

Though possible the Packers could choose not to even fill a TE spot as they have Lewis, Dafney, Deguara, and Davis on the roster so they have 4 TE's on the roster.

That REALLY surprises me. I hope he can come back. He'd make the defense that much better. But back surgery is scary stuff, especially for a pro football player taking those kinds of hits. I hope he doesn't rush it. That could ruin his health permanently. Not worth it, imo. But I'm sure the Packer staff will keep a close eye on his progress.
Brother-in-law just had back surgery and says he feels amazing. No more pain.

And that’s what fools people. Your back needs time to fully heal. Just because the pain is gone doesn’t mean you can assume a normal lifestyle right away, and that especially true for professional athletes

Brother-in-law just had back surgery and says he feels amazing. No more pain.

And that’s what fools people. Your back needs time to fully heal. Just because the pain is gone doesn’t mean you can assume a normal lifestyle right away, and that especially true for professional athletes
Packers are also ver consertive when it comes to injuries they could say well you still need a few months to do rehab and we won't clear you yet the back is not 100%.

Packers are also ver consertive when it comes to injuries they could say well you still need a few months to do rehab and we won't clear you yet the back is not 100%.
That's the dichotomy team physicians and orthopods face when dealing with an athlete. It's a little different when you're a weekend warrior or a civilian vs. an athlete in a high impact sport. What's good for you and me to resume "normal" activities is a little different for an athlete and their "normal" activities.

There's been a lot of headway made in treatments, prognosis, etc. but, at the end of the day, it's a very well educated crapshoot sometimes.

Last edited:
That's the dichotomy team physicians and orthopods face when dealing with an athlete. It's a little different when you're a weekend warrior or a civilian vs. an athlete in a high impact sport. What's good for you and me to resume "normal" activities is a little different for an athlete and their "normal" activities.

There's been a lot of headway made in treatments, prognosis, etc. but, at the end of the day, it's a very well educated crapshoot sometimes.
I get the feeling “Z” see’s Mercilus playing well at AZ, “P” fighting back from the oblique, Gary’s ascension, and Garvin’s growth and he thinks his future in GB, or anywhere, is fading fast towards the horizon. So he has to do/say something to stay relevant. Hence the tweet.

Back