Packers sign TE Martellus Bennett

Taking over Justin Perillo's number? Man this guy shows no respect.

Initially I was somewhat disappointed when I heard we signed Bennett. I figured we overpaid but was actually pleasantly surprised when I heard the terms of the contract. I'm not a huge Bennett fan but he is a pretty good TE. Rodgers will utilize him well and he should have a big impact on this offense the next couple of years.

Initially I was somewhat disappointed when I heard we signed Bennett. I figured we overpaid but was actually pleasantly surprised when I heard the terms of the contract. I'm not a huge Bennett fan but he is a pretty good TE. Rodgers will utilize him well and he should have a big impact on this offense the next couple of years.
Exactly how I felt until I saw the terms...I thought Cook as the better player for this offense, but at that price it's a nice deal.
I guess this means we have to be quiet about Ted for another half decade though...he finally did it. LOL

Exactly how I felt until I saw the terms...I thought Cook as the better player for this offense, but at that price it's a nice deal.
I guess this means we have to be quiet about Ted for another half decade though...he finally did it. LOL
Oh, no! I'll accept that offer once he's done something about the defense! :D

he was almost able to hit 1,000 yards in 2014 with jake utler throwing him the ball. and he was over 700 yards splitting time with gronk, so rodgers ought to be able to get a buttload of yards out of him. he's big and strong, way better blocker than cook, and while he's no speedster, he does manage to get open pretty consistently. i do remember him having quite the attitude when he was in chicago though. hope he's a good teammate.

he was almost able to hit 1,000 yards in 2014 with jake utler throwing him the ball. and he was over 700 yards splitting time with gronk, so rodgers ought to be able to get a buttload of yards out of him. he's big and strong, way better blocker than cook, and while he's no speedster, he does manage to get open pretty consistently. i do remember him having quite the attitude when he was in chicago though. hope he's a good teammate.
A healthy Cook did wonders for the offense. Hopefully Bennett can have that same impact. A strong, fully healthy, WR corps could make this offense very interesting.

Last edited:
He's definitely better than what we have now. No sure he's a huge step up from Cook. And he probably still needs ankle surgery. But TE is a definite area of need.

Martellus Bennett‏Verified account @MartysaurusRex Mar 25More
I'll take all the money from my @packers jersey sales and put it towards the after school programs that I'm working to put together.

Back