Packers sign TE Martellus Bennett

How is this an excellent signing?

We lost Cook, we lost Hyde, we lost Tretter, and we will lose Lang. All we did was replace Cook.

We are worse than before FA.

Hyde meh good backup but not worth 6 million a year. Same with Tretter he was a backup got paid to start can't pay him starter money to stay a backup.

Hyde meh good backup but not worth 6 million a year. Same with Tretter he was a backup got paid to start can't pay him starter money to stay a backup.
You think Linsley would have started over Tretter, if Tretter was healthy? My concern with Tretter was the guy could never stay healthy. But I hated losing him.

I LOVE the signing of Bennett and Kendricks. However, Helen Keller could see this teams' biggest needs are on defense. Get busy on that side off the ball, Ted. Please...

You think Linsley would have started over Tretter, if Tretter was healthy? My concern with Tretter was the guy could never stay healthy. But I hated losing him.

I LOVE the signing of Bennett and Kendricks. However, Helen Keller could see this teams' biggest needs are on defense. Get busy on that side off the ball, Ted. Please...

Ted did go defense he paid a high price to keep Perry. He was not going to go and sign another defensive player to double digit a year figures.

It's an excellent signing in that it is better than not signing him . . . which would leave the team worse yet. It's a step towards improving the squad. We were never going to keep every free agent. Every year, every single team loses players. It's who you sign to replace them and who you draft that potentially improves the team. I'm not thrilled with how TT handles the off-season, but for now, all I can do is hope Bennett is not the end of the signings. Maybe there will be more. Maybe Lang will still be back.

Ted did go defense he paid a high price to keep Perry. He was not going to go and sign another defensive player to double digit a year figures.
Perry doesn't play DB, though. And that was the area of weakness. I hope he addresses it in FA and the draft. We'll see.

Last edited:
Lance Kendricks being signed means that he and Bennett will be our two major TEs on the field. Kendricks is coming home - from Milwaukee, and still a Packer fan despite playing for Rams - and is going to make an impact. He's a year younger than Bennett, and could end up being #1 TE in 2018. We'll have to see how it plays out.

Looks like Bennett will wear #80 this year. He was asking fans which number he should wear saying fans pick for him. #80 is by far ahead in the poll

Back