Packers Cuts to 75

I don't understand either the Masthay or McCray moves.

You get rid of Mortell and then dump Masthay a day later and leave your kicker (who is coming off a great season) wondering how the late move to a new holder will work out.

You sign McCray in the off-season to add depth to the LB corps and then trade him before he ever plays a snap for you. Why? He looked better than Elliott, IMO. Seems like Ted just can bear to let go of one of his "discoveries".

I sure hope these moves work out and I'm glad Ted got a pick for McCray but I'm guessing the pick will be late enough that it becomes sort of a throw-away pick.

Of course Ted has a good track record in the later rounds...

He is on IR with Henry and Walker, but I read the team is seeking injury settlements with all of them, so probably not in the teams plans.

These injuries are sad. Crockett wasn't #1 or #2 but he looked like he would have been a good #3. Feel bad for him as well.

These injuries are sad. Crockett wasn't #1 or #2 but he looked like he would have been a good #3. Feel bad for him as well.

i agree. i thought he looked better than starks for the most part.

He is on IR with Henry and Walker, but I read the team is seeking injury settlements with all of them, so probably not in the teams plans.

Crockett faces 1-2 month recover. If the Packers give him a injury settlement they can't re-sign him for 6 weeks meaning that once he's healed up the Packers could resign him to the roster while not putting him on IR for the year or carrying him on the roster while he is hurt.

To be honest I was a little disappointed with Crockett. I think he left a lot out there especially on screens, and didn't show a ton of shiftiness or burst.

Back