Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Well,as Mark said earlier it is Jordan Love’s locker room now. No one else had the kind of cachet Jones did, especially on offense. Truly an end of an era now, and I’m sorry to see it go. I understand the why, there are reasons for the rule of the running back expiration date at 30, but Jones seems like the kind of guy who could drag the hands of the clock backwards for another year or two. I would have liked him for one more season as the team completely transitions into Love’s hands, but resources aren’t endless.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next.

GB reportedly asked Jones to take a 50% pay cut. That would put him around $6m. Honestly that sounds about right, it’s appropriate for a guy who would be more part time than full time. I also don’t blame him if he can get another $4-5m on top of that, its big money.

GB reportedly asked Jones to take a 50% pay cut. That would put him around $6m. Honestly that sounds about right, it’s appropriate for a guy who would be more part time than full time. I also don’t blame him if he can get another $4-5m on top of that, its big money.
Jones will probably find a deal like bunch of the other RBs got 3 years $24 million with $10-12 guaranted on the deal.

Little interesting per Ken Ingells Aaron Jones cap number for 2024 was $17.58 million. His dead cap for 2024 will be $12.36 and Jacobs cap will be $5.31 million so GB actually increased the cap number for that spot by about $100K instead of saving money.

Back