Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

I have never really known GB to do this type of thing early or publicly. Judging by Bak's actions he thinks he's staying but sh))

PS
It's the off-season.... relax and go enjoy some outside time or catch up on some old movies.
patience is a virtue.

SMH I swear to many fans don't understand the cap. They hear it's going up like $30 million and GB will have all this extra cap space now. But don't understand most sites showing cap space already had a cap increase figured into their numbers. GB still have very little cap room to work with and will need to cut and restructure several players to get more room to do business.

Bak and Jones are 100% locks as two players who either will be cut or have a contract re-worked to stay.

Kenny Clark is a guy also likely to get a re-worked contract to stay. I can see them move around money on Alexander's contract to move money into a SB to get more cap space.

Then you have guys like Preston Smith and Campbell do you re-work their deals or cut them or bring them back at what they are making?
I can't see them cutting Jones. Dillon is not the guy and I wouldn't trust a rookie.

First of all, I want to say I really liked Hafley's press conference. He seems very real and said all the right things about using players based on strengths and weaknesses. Definitely seems like an Xs and Os guy

Personally these are the moves I would make:

Bak release is a no brainer.

Jones extension or restructure is a no brainer. You can't release him. He is too valuable to this offense right now.

Campbell should be released. He is not a fit for this D, IMO. He is slowing down fast.

Preston Smith you have to keep for depth at end. And he is not costing a ton for his production.

The only FA I might look at would be Safety. Geno Stone would be great as long as he doesn't break the bank.

Then it's just drafting possibly a Safety, a CB, and a LB. If we can get a LT, OG, and a RB great but my biggest needs are S, CB, and LB.
What do you think of retaining Savage?

I can't see them cutting Jones. Dillon is not the guy and I wouldn't trust a rookie.
GB won't bring Jones back at his current contract. If GB and Jones could not find a middle ground GB would move on.

I have never really known GB to do this type of thing early or publicly. Judging by Bak's actions he thinks he's staying but sh))

PS
It's the off-season.... relax and go enjoy some outside time or catch up on some old movies.
Is that what that post meant? I couldn’t tell.

Is that what that post meant? I couldn’t tell.

All I have to say is if he is staying, the Packers better have adjusted his contract with a ton of incentives for games played. If he is not willing to budge on the contract then cut him loose and just deal with the cap hit.

Back