Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

All I have to say is if he is staying, the Packers better have adjusted his contract with a ton of incentives for games played. If he is not willing to budge on the contract then cut him loose and just deal with the cap hit.
Only way I keep him is he has to agree to play on a 1-2 million dollar salary this year. No other bonuses or nothing. No matter what GB has to take $19 million cap hit on him they can't afford to pay him 5-10 million in salary and other bonuses and take that extra cap hit.

While I may not agree with the moves the Pack front office makes, I do agree that they are the only people that need to know what they are going to do. You simply do not show your hand.

There are lots of difficult decisions coming up. I probably won't agree with a lot of them.

But, so far the one thing the Pack is getting right in this off season is not spouting off their intentions and strategies to the media - and to us.

i feel bad for db because i know he truly wants to play, but i really think it is time for him to hang it up. already, he's looking at an injury that will probably never fully heal and a lifetime of pain. don't make it worse.

i feel bad for db because i know he truly wants to play, but i really think it is time for him to hang it up. already, he's looking at an injury that will probably never fully heal and a lifetime of pain. don't make it worse.
You walk away while you can still walk. He has to have a bank account that will set him and his family up for life.

My Son has two bad knees. One from football, with two surgeries on it, and the other, blown out in Afghanistan, carrying a wounded soldier on his back for over 2 miles. The second knee had one surgery.

It's been close to 9 years now, and he has problems with both knees. In fact, the doctors in the Army told him that when the pain and stiffness got to be too much, he might consider getting knee replacements, instead of conventional surgery. That's something you don't take lightly. Bakh is probably at a that point, or maybe a little worse.

Only way I keep him is he has to agree to play on a 1-2 million dollar salary this year. No other bonuses or nothing. No matter what GB has to take $19 million cap hit on him they can't afford to pay him 5-10 million in salary and other bonuses and take that extra cap hit.
I honestly don’t even know how they decide right now just based on the medicals. My understanding is that he didn’t have surgery until october or november, it was a long time recovery. Even if they want him back and he wants to come back for an incentive filled minimum deal (would have to be for cap reasons you cited), how can they even make a determination right now with the state of the knee?

Also, when it comes to decisions like this, GB has notoriously bad poker faces. Like, the couple years Rodgers wanted out, Gute just flat out said no, we’re not getting rid of him. Then last year it was a much different tune. With DB at the year end presser, both Gute and ML said a whole lot of “he’s been a great player, but we have to see” sort of thing. That told me they were moving on. We’ll see I guess, but after that i’d be really surprised if they kept him at all.

I gathered it as in he wants to stay and isn't happy with people throwing him to the curb so fast.... so far GB management hasn't shown their hand either way IMHO
I don't blame him for being a bit perturbed. One day he's the saving grace on the left side of the line, then he gets hurt. He works his rear off to try to get back, but more surgeries follow, and the return is pushed back, and even doubtful at this point. At that point, the same fans turn on him, and talk about him like he's dog meat, and unfairly sucking up cap space. "Give him the boot!"

I'd be a little put out myself. In fact, I might say to myself, "Screw 'em! I'm going to take their money, and sit back and save what's left of my body so I can spend all that money. The fans can suck eggs!"

Yeah I have no doubt in his mind he's 100% sure he can return and probably upset fans are writing him off. But he also has to look it's been 3 years now of him pretty much not playing and with how many surgeries he's had on that knee anyone would question if that knee is shot. I think if you were to ask him as a friend in private he would say yeah he knows he's going to have to take some low one year prove it deal to show he can actually play with the amount of time he has missed.

Details

The #Packers created $4,781,250 of 2024 cap space by converting $175,000 of Rashan Gary's base salary plus his $6.2M roster bonus into signing bonus.

Back