Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Matt LaFleur said “IDC if we run a 4-3, 3-4, 4 for 4 from Wendy’s, Packers are winning the Super Bowl”

On the bandwagon, BUT

Less talk more action from everyone in Green and Gold

It’s a start and a bold statement from ML about expectations and moving forward. He’s making the right moves. But Gb also needs a solid draft from Gutey and probably some FA help. Then put it all together.

A long season but ML is making the right moves right now.

Press man is what I mentioned a long time ago. He would limit the zone defenses. We have CBs who are best playing man, not zone. That solves some of our defensive problems right there. There will be some happy players hitting camp, knowing they will be working more to their strengths.

I like the theoretical 4-3 vs 3-4, even though it won't be a constant. It's at least the start point, since we already have the horses who can play up or down on the outside in-house. It also will change the role of our inside linebackers. That won't hurt my feelings whatsoever.

Just an opinion, but I think we need to get one or two safeties in this draft, a corner, and a guy who can play one of the two down positions on the D-line, and that's going to make a difference. On offense, get a guy who can play tackle, hopefully either side, and an interior O-lineman. Might add a center if there's a guy out there worth grabbing at a given point.

It could be one heckuva season ahead. A year's experience under the belt of our receivers, and Love. The O-line more experienced. Major changes on defense. A new book is opening.
I think we are good for DL both Gary and Van Ness played with hand in the dirt in college so they can be DL. GB needs better LBs now for the 4-3.

You got Walker and also McDuffie who played 1 year under Hafley at BC so he has some understanding of what he runs but McDuffie is probably still undersized to be a starter. Campbell remains to be seen if he gives a dang enough for GB to bring him back.

I dont think ML actually said that, I thought it was a meme someone made.

SMH I swear to many fans don't understand the cap. They hear it's going up like $30 million and GB will have all this extra cap space now. But don't understand most sites showing cap space already had a cap increase figured into their numbers. GB still have very little cap room to work with and will need to cut and restructure several players to get more room to do business.

Bak and Jones are 100% locks as two players who either will be cut or have a contract re-worked to stay.

Kenny Clark is a guy also likely to get a re-worked contract to stay. I can see them move around money on Alexander's contract to move money into a SB to get more cap space.

Then you have guys like Preston Smith and Campbell do you re-work their deals or cut them or bring them back at what they are making?

They’re not in bad shape cap wise, plenty of moves to make to get where they need to be. Question is one of prudence - do they want to be a little more aggressive this year and fast forward the teams development at the cost of future cap maneuverability, or do they want to take another TT year, let the cap heal and continue to draft and develop with another 11 picks?

They’re not in bad shape cap wise, plenty of moves to make to get where they need to be. Question is one of prudence - do they want to be a little more aggressive this year and fast forward the teams development at the cost of future cap maneuverability, or do they want to take another TT year, let the cap heal and continue to draft and develop with another 11 picks?
The thing you got to figure in is you are likely going to give Jordan Love a new contract this off-season that is going to take a chunk out of any cap increase you have this year and in the future. So any FA you might want to sign you need to figure in what you think Love cap number would be with that figured in. I just think this year is another year you need to take the lumps deal with deap cap and in 2025 even with Love on a likely top 5 QB contract you should be in a better place to go and get a good FA or two.

GB needs another year to "heal" from the cap mess it's still trying to work out of. I thought originally as well that the increase would give GB extra cap but it didn't. Just made the cap less bad.

With Love contract on the horizon just need to go with what they have, draft well, and then get rid of a few more high cap low production types. Then next season see where things are and go from there.

Back