Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

Yep and have guys run out onto the field with a stretcher and take them off.

Have to get some Ole Ole Ole going in the game.
OMG! I went to a game in Bilbao, Spain. At San Mames Stadium. Game between Real Madrid and Bilbao Athletico. Our adopted Spanish Son had a cousin playing for Bilbao, so we were rooting hard for the Basques to win. It didn't happen too often. It was a decent game but Real Madrid won 3-2. All of Basque Country went into mourning. They thought they had a real shot at them that day. His Cousin didn't even get on the field that day. He was suffering a hamstring injury, so that was disappointing.

From the time the game started, until the end, that; "Ole, ole, ole" went on incessantly, to the point of being mind numbing. I'd reached a point where I wondered if there was some brain malfunction that hit futbol fans when they were at games.

OMG! I went to a game in Bilbao, Spain. At San Mames Stadium. Game between Real Madrid and Bilbao Athletico. Our adopted Spanish Son had a cousin playing for Bilbao, so we were rooting hard for the Basques to win. It didn't happen too often. It was a decent game but Real Madrid won 3-2. All of Basque Country went into mourning. They thought they had a real shot at them that day. His Cousin didn't even get on the field that day. He was suffering a hamstring injury, so that was disappointing.

From the time the game started, until the end, that; "Ole, ole, ole" went on incessantly, to the point of being mind numbing. I'd reached a point where I wondered if there was some brain malfunction that hit futbol fans when they were at games.
Did you see a riot? It's said it's not a riot unless a Fubol game breaks out. LOL

Did you see a riot? It's said it's not a riot unless a Fubol game breaks out. LOL
No. Surprisingly the Basques are more sedate when it comes to futbol. But, on one trip over, we flew from Chicago to Gatwick Airport, South of London, and changed planes from (if I remember correctly) American Airlines, to an Iberian flight to Madrid. It was two days before a match between a team from the UK, with Real Madrid. On board was about 15 or 20 UK futbol fans, and the three cabin attendants were on them like stink on a skunk to make sure they behaved. In fact, in one instance, where a couple of them started chanting, one of the attendants came up behind them on the aisle, and slapped one on the back of the head with a towel and told him, in no uncertain terms, in English; "Shut your f***ing mouths or you're going to find yourself spending a month in a Madrid cárceles , and they like to put your type in with the nastiest people they can find"

A couple of times, during the flight, as she was attending to some of these fans, and she'd ask them one question. "Are you testing me?" They'd usually shake their heads no. "You behave yourself and you might not end up in a cárceles like some of your hooligan friends." She'd tell them. Never a smile, and her eyes were like daggers.

When she talked to us, she had a pleasant smile, soft eyes, and was just as nice as could be, but we knew underneath, there was a woman who could tear the balls of a guy and make him say thank you for doing it. She was amazingly good at reading the audience, as it were. I would have bet anything, by the time we landed, that she was given her flight assignments based on what kind of passengers would be on that plane. I'd also bet she was being paid extra, because she could handle things like she did.

I would much rather go to a soccer game than an NFL game. The atmosphere is great and they’re a lot of fun.

Reactions: TW
I would much rather go to a soccer game than an NFL game. The atmosphere is great and they’re a lot of fun.
They sure do! In Bilbao, we spent the rest of the afternoon, and late into the night, going from one bar to another, having different tapas everywhere, and a real small glass of "house wine." It was amazing. Of course, nearly everything in Basque Country is amazing.

Why is Newman still on this team? We can save 3M by cutting him. This is a no brainer.

You could draft a 7th rounder and he would be just as good or better than Newman. What are they waiting for? Let the kid try to get with another team.

Why is Newman still on this team? We can save 3M by cutting him. This is a no brainer.

You could draft a 7th rounder and he would be just as good or better than Newman. What are they waiting for? Let the kid try to get with another team.
He knows were Gute buried the bodies!

Back