Pack squeaks out win in KC

Fortunately our bye week comes at a fantastic point in the season. It's right at the point when players hit the wall. It might work out as a real blessing for most of our guys. Just as long as they aren't banged up enough that they have to stay in the cold of GB for therapy. If they can hit the beaches, and chase bikinis, they'll be ready to roll after the time off.

Fortunately our bye week comes at a fantastic point in the season. It's right at the point when players hit the wall. It might work out as a real blessing for most of our guys. Just as long as they aren't banged up enough that they have to stay in the cold of GB for therapy. If they can hit the beaches, and chase bikinis, they'll be ready to roll after the time off.

Or, it's the worst time because it will kill the momentum which is hard to carry when you have time off.

Random thoughts on things in this thread.

- I wasn't on board with Gary either but he did seem to fit the Pettine "type" at OLB. Some of what you see in his college film is what I've seen so far both pre-season and in-season. Incredible athlete but a certain lack of "control". He'll come at the QB like a bull in a china shop, then either miss the running back who has the ball or miss the QB by just running by him out of control. No finesse to his game. Maybe it'll come, but I worry.
- MVS seem like a bit of a one trick pony. Not a great route runner and not much of a threat in tight spaces. It's a nice trick to have but agree that maybe makes him something other than a #2.
- Lazard might be a diamond in the rough. Not a top athlete but seems to have decent route running skills for a guy his size. Looks better than MVS in that regard. Seems like he could be an effective possession/red-zone type. A number 2??
- ILB might be need #1 or #2 depending on what happens with Bulaga and the WR group. Martinez is "OK" and I would try to re-sign him at reasonable money but I'm not over-spending. He needs a running mate who can cover someone.
- I love that ML is using the backs in the passing game. That was a Holmgren staple that got almost completely lost with McCarthy. Especially impressed with Jamaal Williams. He's really been solid in all phases of the passing game considering he seemed like basically a sledgehammer type back under MM. That end zone catch on SUnday was pretty special.

Nice win against a depleted opponent. I'm looking forward to the 2nd half of the season.

Gonna be interesting. It's becoming painfully evident that all of us that wanted McCarthy gone earlier were dead on. This team is improved, but it was done without mortgaging the future. That's what makes this whole thing so interesting. This team can grow over the next couple of years.

Back