Official Preseason Game 2 Green Bay vs NY Jets Thread

The problem is that folks do not understand the cap and the whole picture in terms of how your balancing salary year to year etc. You can't have 3-4 highest paid in the league positions and still build a very competitive team.
Yeah and right now GB has that with Rodgers, Bak, Clark. Then you have no choice but in next year to pay Alexander as a top CB and have a hard choice do you do it on Adams or let him go.

Should have been benched after that first big play where he tries to trip the guy rather than tackle.... awful
Well to be fair how many players know how to actually tackle anymore? Almost ever defensive player in the NFL now tries to tackle by throwing their body at the legs of the WR/RB/TE

Another miserable showing by the "depth" guys. Fortunately, I don't think hardly any of them that played the second half will be around in another week or so.

- special teams still suck. Hopefully when some of the guys manning units are sent packing things will improve, but I'm not so sure. Long returns allowed again. JK Scott being what he is - Ray Guy on one punt, my grand-daughter kicking her bouncy ball around on the next one.
- the o-line looked OK in the first half. I missed parts of 2 series but I thought Newman looked good and might just be making a push to start at RG. Braden was just adequate and looks a bit mechanical to me at RT. I think serious speed rushers would give him real grief. Patrick looks mediocre at both OG and C. Nijman was better, but just needs to be gone.
- Can anyone cover plays in the flat. The Jets were making hay on passes to the flat all damn day. Scheme or guys failing their responsibilities? . . . sometimes it was hard to tell.

There were some good games by other players, and some guys who may have played their way off the roster, but I can't really think of anyone that I believe will have an impact this year that earned a roster spot or lost a roster spot. Mostly a pretty non-descript game that didn't move the needle much for any players.

Can anyone cover plays in the flat. The Jets were making hay on passes to the flat all damn day. Scheme or guys failing their responsibilities? . . . sometimes it was hard to tell.
Berry has been playing a lot of vanilla zone in pre-season... we aren't built for that. Now if that's by design or what he wants is to be seen.

Packers yesterday had 8 WR's not dress I think they only had 3 WR's dress and play in Rodgers, Taylor, Begelton.

32 out of 85 players were held out. You can't get guys ready or judge talent by peeing your pants and being scared to play guys in pre-season.

How many guys did the Jets lose for the season this last week?
It’s also a salary cap thing too. GB doesn’t have the wiggle room some other teams do.

I see both sides of this as far as playing starters.
#1 this roster was basically set except for maybe 10 spots when camp started so it’s not like a lot of “camp battles” anyway
#2. With 17 games it’s a marathon not a sprint. Especially with our depth
#3. Flips side I get the need to have real speed reps
#4. It’s so damn vanilla it’s just about 1 on 1 battles so risk / reward

all that said on a veteran team I lean to sitting the guys

Back