Official Preseason Game 2 Green Bay vs NY Jets Thread

Nothing wrong with old way of playing starters in what now would be 2nd pre-season game to stretch them out get them ready.
For 2 quarters maybe but I’ll err on the side of caution

I don’t think it matters much. Some of our starters like Clark and Z Smith and Gary are already a little banged up. And then what are you going to learn about Jenkins, Alexander, Adams, Savage, even Preston Smith and Billy Turner that you don’t already know?

I’d rather they get good long looks at down roster guys. Seems like Lucas Patrick and JK Scott are playing themselves out of a job.

I think after 2 weeks where our 3's failed to turn the worm and led us to 0-2 record you have had your questions answered. ML said he already knew his 46 before the preseason.... frankly they should know their 53 already.

As for the PS, I hope that pro personal is looking elsewhere.

1 comment on injuries, I personally think it's better to let your starters on both sides get some full-speed contact. Bad news for Aaron, in two weeks no more red jersey buddy, those LB are going to stick you and it's going to hurt. The point is it's best to get that first contact over with BEFORE Game 1... two cents.

I think after 2 weeks where our 3's failed to turn the worm and led us to 0-2 record you have had your questions answered. ML said he already knew his 46 before the preseason.... frankly they should know their 53 already.

As for the PS, I hope that pro personal is looking elsewhere.

1 comment on injuries, I personally think it's better to let your starters on both sides get some full-speed contact. Bad news for Aaron, in two weeks no more red jersey buddy, those LB are going to stick you and it's going to hurt. The point is it's best to get that first contact over with BEFORE Game 1... two cents.
PS I am not holding out hope they look elsewhere Packers have had long history of re-signing all bout couple guys to their PS. I think there might be a few UDFA rookies worth putting on the PS to keep as a developmental players.

Wow the idiot level on the Packers FB page saying Benkert should be the 2 and Packers should trade Love.

Wow the idiot level on the Packers FB page saying Benkert should be the 2 and Packers should trade Love.
Typical... I am not that impressed with him to be honest. 100% Not a guy who could start long-term in the NFL. An adequate meh career backup ? Maybe.

The Rodgers homers need to get over it and admit that.

1. Love is the future because you can't spend a #1 like they did and not go there.
2. Rodgers is getting traded by next spring, the cap and finances are untenable otherwise.

Typical... I am not that impressed with him to be honest. 100% Not a guy who could start long-term in the NFL. An adequate meh career backup ? Maybe.

The Rodgers homers need to get over it and admit that.

1. Love is the future because you can't spend a #1 like they did and not go there.
2. Rodgers is getting traded by next spring, the cap and finances are untenable otherwise.
Yep these people think oh Rodgers will sign a new deal and stay. It's not happening folks it's a GB good-bye tour. Also these people talking up Benkert are probalby the same people who saw Hill in NOLA and thought oh GB made a mistake giving him up even though he looks like he can't be a good QB and GB would have never thought to use him as Payton does in NOLA. Right now Love is getting the hate just like Rodgers did because he's been tabbed by the FO to be the replacement and fans hate that their QB is leaving. I liked Rodgers when he first came in thinking he had the talent to be a great QB and the Favre loyalist were idiots as the guy had a foot out the door for years. While Love does not look like Rodgers talent wise he still is in same boat were Rodgers loyalist back a guy with a foot out the door for a couple years now.

So Packers need to cut 5 more guys by Tuesday I think. If Love is cleared one is going to be Dolegala and then just 4 camp bodies

Yep these people think oh Rodgers will sign a new deal and stay. It's not happening folks it's a GB good-bye tour. Also these people talking up Benkert are probalby the same people who saw Hill in NOLA and thought oh GB made a mistake giving him up even though he looks like he can't be a good QB and GB would have never thought to use him as Payton does in NOLA. Right now Love is getting the hate just like Rodgers did because he's been tabbed by the FO to be the replacement and fans hate that their QB is leaving. I liked Rodgers when he first came in thinking he had the talent to be a great QB and the Favre loyalist were idiots as the guy had a foot out the door for years. While Love does not look like Rodgers talent wise he still is in same boat were Rodgers loyalist back a guy with a foot out the door for a couple years now.
The problem is that folks do not understand the cap and the whole picture in terms of how your balancing salary year to year etc. You can't have 3-4 highest paid in the league positions and still build a very competitive team.

Back