Official Playoffs Game 2: Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

Was watching Mike Wahl this morning and he said something interesting....

He said he thought Dallas could have made the Packers play Nickel more and run on them. He said I bet they had an average of 6 or 7 yards per carry when they got us in Nickel and we could not stop them.

This is my worry with SF. Shannahan will run on us all day and he has proven he will do it. McCarthy has never been a run first coach and does not stick with the run. It will be tough for the Packers to get a two score lead to make SF pass the ball more.

I hope I am wrong and the Packers can figure out how to slow down McCaffrey and that run game.

This is why I think DT is also a big need in the draft. We need a big nose tackle that can stuff the run and take on double teams. JMO.

Was watching Mike Wahl this morning and he said something interesting....

He said he thought Dallas could have made the Packers play Nickel more and run on them. He said I bet they had an average of 6 or 7 yards per carry when they got us in Nickel and we could not stop them.

This is my worry with SF. Shannahan will run on us all day and he has proven he will do it. McCarthy has never been a run first coach and does not stick with the run. It will be tough for the Packers to get a two score lead to make SF pass the ball more.

I hope I am wrong and the Packers can figure out how to slow down McCaffrey and that run game.

This is why I think DT is also a big need in the draft. We need a big nose tackle that can stuff the run and take on double teams. JMO.
I think DL might be least of GB's worries. GB has Clark, Wyatt, Wooden, Brooks, Slaton on DL. Maybe a day 3 pick to add depth but I think DL might be best of GB group. I think issue is scheme more then players.

I think DL might be least of GB's worries. GB has Clark, Wyatt, Wooden, Brooks, Slaton on DL. Maybe a day 3 pick to add depth but I think DL might be best of GB group. I think issue is scheme more then players.

Rushing the passer maybe but not stopping the run.

But I do understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:
SF is going to run the ball, they're going to succeed, they're going to control the ball when they have it. Question is, can Packers O take the momentum back, move the ball and control the ball on their own terms.

We’ve been playing two months straight of back against the wall football. The 9ers haven’t played a meaningful game in almost a month. I think you want to take the ball first again. I think we might be able to get in a cheap shot with our sharpness vs them knocking off the rust. And then right away, you kind of have them and their crowd stunned.

Back