Official Playoffs Game 2: Green Bay vs San Francisco Thread

Marino was young. Oops, he never got back.

I hate the attitude, we're young, we made mistakes, we'll figure it out.

We just don't figure stuff out in Green Bay. 40+ years of dominant QBs 3 Superbowl appearances and 2 Lombardis.

If you don't grasp the moment when it's there you've blown it.

I sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

Regarding the last pass, I thought we were going to win before it. Then he rolled out - and, in slow motion, I remembered his pre-game interview when he bragged about throwing passes his coaches don't want him to and knew he was going to weakly throw it back across his body for an interception - and I had to helplessly watch it unfold in front of me. Oh well, C'est la vie.

i know we're all happy with the way the 2023-24 season played out, but i am still really disappointed with the way it ended. the packers outplayed the 49ers for three quarters and then the wheels came off. the final packers offensive play really left a bad taste in my mouth. they had an opportunity to at least tie up the game and go to overtime or even possibly win with a good drive. that desperation heave with over 50 seconds still remaining was so unlike the way love had played leading up to the playoffs. it's like the ghost of brett favre took over love's body. i hope the players can all get past that disappointment and build on the success of the last half of the season.
I hear ya RB, it bugged me for a day or 2. Honestly it's water under the bridge now. Can't dwell on what could of been.

I think the players said yeah we had a chance we made mistakes but we are young and can learn.

I hate the attitude, we're young, we made mistakes, we'll figure it out.

We just don't figure stuff out in Green Bay. 40+ years of dominant QBs 3 Superbowl appearances and 2 Lombardis.
i agree, keg. and it isn't just the packers. i have seen it many times over the years with other teams too. they have a great year and people think they have a "bright future ", but they don't ever get back to the big game.

I truly hope that doesn't happen to us again.

that’s all true Keg and rb but what are you gonna do about it now? what should they do? brood some more? not the way it works. i agree with you both and said as much after the game but their job is to believe in themselves and to learn from the mistakes and continue to improve. all i can hope for as a fan.

that’s all true Keg and rb but what are you gonna do about it now? what should they do? brood some more? not the way it works. i agree with you both and said as much after the game but their job is to believe in themselves and to learn from the mistakes and continue to improve. all i can hope for as a fan.
RP, i'm good. I had my 5 minutes of pity.

I'm just not buying the future is that bright.

Hope I'm wrong

RP, i'm good. I had my 5 minutes of pity.

I'm just not buying the future is that bright.

Hope I'm wrong

The future is not guaranteed to be bright, it’s why it stings to not take advantage of winnable games in the playoffs. you just never know.

That said, if they play up to the level that they showed second half of the year, they will be competitive again. Talent will show.

The future is not guaranteed to be bright, it’s why it stings to not take advantage of winnable games in the playoffs. you just never know.
this is essentially what dan campbell said in his post-game press conference after the loss to the 49ers. it's kind of sad that both nfcn teams that made the playoffs lost in essentially the same way - allowing the other team to score a comeback victory.

Back