Official Packers Off Season Thread

Hayward on radio this morning. Pretty much said that SD offered him chance to play outside and GB could not do that. More power to him that he wanted that chance but we saw this year he struggled with trying to be a outside CB and he is more suited to be a slot CB and I think that's were he will end up in SD after they see him try to play outside. Also if we had to pay a guy $5 million a year to be a #3 or even #4 CB that's a little much.

Sounds like Hayward got $6.8 million guaranteed in his deal.

Sounds like Hayward got $6.8 million guaranteed in his deal.
Almost half guaranteed. GB never does that for anyone but Arod.

The only reason Hayward could've returned is if we outbid everyone. Wasn't gonna happen.

Scott Tolzien deal with Colts only 2 years at $3.5 million $500,000 SB.

Hayward on radio this morning. Pretty much said that SD offered him chance to play outside and GB could not do that. More power to him that he wanted that chance but we saw this year he struggled with trying to be a outside CB and he is more suited to be a slot CB and I think that's were he will end up in SD after they see him try to play outside. Also if we had to pay a guy $5 million a year to be a #3 or even #4 CB that's a little much.

The main reason he is gone is because Randall and Rollins played better. I hope Casey is successful in SD - except when we play them ;).

BJ Raji to retire. Says he turned down very nice deal GB had on table and interest from other teams in favor of retiring.

Packers have signed FA defensive end Ray Drew, who spent time with#Dolphins last off season and on Browns practice squad last yr.

Packers have signed FA defensive end Ray Drew, who spent time with#Dolphins last off season and on Browns practice squad last yr.
Needed some camp fodder that would not count against the NFL compensation formula.

Back