Official Packers Off Season Thread

Daniels wanted to sign here? Not doubting it, just never heard that. The misses are frustrating. I honestly don't know if anything will change, but I would love to look at Gates, or Fleener for TE.

Daniels wanted to sign here? Not doubting it, just never heard that. The misses are frustrating. I honestly don't know if anything will change, but I would love to look at Gates, or Fleener for TE.
I would rather have Keith Jackson than Gates

nice job, ted. owen daniels wanted to play in green bay, but you didn't even give him a moment of your precious time (too busy taking a nap I s'pose). now he's starting in the super bowl.
To be fair(?), Daniels was NOT a difference maker. Nor would he have been a difference maker here. I do believe he could of beat DickRod in a foot race however!
Remember people, TT isn't going to sign a real FA, he might sign a cap casualty.
So watch the cap cuts over the next couple of weeks and pick your wish lists from there. Mine has Mario Williams at the top, very similar to when TT grabbed Peppers.

To be fair(?), Daniels was NOT a difference maker. Nor would he have been a difference maker here. I do believe he could of beat DickRod in a foot race however!
Remember people, TT isn't going to sign a real FA, he might sign a cap casualty.
So watch the cap cuts over the next couple of weeks and pick your wish lists from there. Mine has Mario Williams at the top, very similar to when TT grabbed Peppers.

Owen Daniels is not week in week out stud elite TE.. But without Daniels DEN doesn't get past NE and into the SB.. I'd call that a difference maker.

Owen Daniels is not week in week out stud elite TE.. But without Daniels DEN doesn't get past NE and into the SB.. I'd call that a difference maker.
What did he do that any other mediocre TE couldn't have done. Be realistic, he is a nice player but I don't recall anyone anywhere saying or praising Owen Daniels as anything special. I believe some of our posters were also lamenting the fact that Denver jumped on the other TE , Vernon Davis. Again he was nothing special. Just saying.

Casey Hayward “probably” hitting open market
The Packers drafted a pair of cornerbacks early in the 2015 draft, which may contribute toCasey Haywardplaying elsewhere in 2016.

Hayward is set to become a free agent next month and the 2012 second-round pick thinks that chances are good that he won’t resign with Green Bay before the new league year starts on March 9.

“They normally wait til closer to the deadline,” Hayward told Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com in a text message. “But we shall see. I’ll probablyhit the market.”

Hayward started 11 regular season games and both playoff games for the Packers while spending most of his time in the slot.Damarious Randall, the first-round pick last year, andSam Shieldsprofile as the starting outside corners withQuinten Rollins, 2015’s second-rounder, an option to move into the inside role should Hayward move on to another club.

Hayward didn’t have an interception in 2015, but helped the Packers hold opposing offenses to the league’s lowest completion percentage when throwing to slot receivers. That should make for a good market if he and the Packers can’t agree on a contract before the start of free agency.

No big surprise

Job security is pretty shaky when your team double dips your position in the draft. Especially in the first two rounds!

To be fair(?), Daniels was NOT a difference maker. Nor would he have been a difference maker here.

respectfully disagree. i think he would have made a big difference to the packers in 2015.

Casey Hayward “probably” hitting open market

No big surprise
Hayward will probably be like House some team will over pay him and he moves on. CB is probably GB's deepest postion so we can afford to lose Hayward. Next year you are looking at Shields, Randall, and Rollins as your top 3 guys with Gunther and if resigned Hyde spliting time between CB and S and if he makes the roster Goodson.

I understand what you mean about the depth, but how quickly that can change. I think about the evaluation of WR, then one injury, and look what happens. Outside of Shields, none of those guys have much of a track record. Not saying it's not the deepest at the moment, just that it wouldn't take much to tip the balance.

Back