Official Game 1 GB vs Minnesota Thread

Anyway, I'm surprised GB is slightly favored in this game, and that many are picking them. I wonder if people are overcomplicating it. GB got demonstrably worse on offense and MN is returning their offensive starters. GB's defense did get healthier and better. Defense drives playoff success but, unless a defense is completely putrid, offense drives regular season success. I kinda feel like MN is going win by a TD or better.

302587461_128156256631214_4010953714249002298_n.jpg

Anyway, I'm surprised GB is slightly favored in this game, and that many are picking them. I wonder if people are overcomplicating it. GB got demonstrably worse on offense and MN is returning their offensive starters. GB's defense did get healthier and better. Defense drives playoff success but, unless a defense is completely putrid, offense drives regular season success. I kinda feel like MN is going win by a TD or better.
It’s a bit of a week 1 overreaction. Money will always come in on GB to move the line, so books have to get action to balance stuff. Week 2 usually settles down

Being devil's advocate, how is the offense worse?

RB's are the same and more experienced.
Dillion
Jones
Amari Rodgers- Flex
PS Squad Players

O-line is ultimately the same.
Yosh played 9 games and did fine without Bak.
Runyan is another year experienced.
Meyer is another year experienced
Newman, I do not like but is another year experienced and should be a little better
Jenkins will be solid at RT but it looks like Tom could take that roll at some point. It seems like he will be just as good as Turner (who was average) that we released.
Depth is a little suspect at Guard with Hanson and Ryhan but other than that o-line is virtually very similar to last year.

QB
Same

TE's
The same again and actually Tonyan should be healthy this year. Then you have Lewis again and Davis who they like for some reason. :)

WR's

This may be the only position that is worse; however, we do still have Lazard, Cobb, and added Watkins. It looks like Doubs could be a diamond and Watson should really be very solid by mid-season.

We have only lost Adams and a lot of you have said that AR has eyes for Adams too much and focuses on only him at times. Now AR has the ability to spread the ball around, use RB's more, and defenses cannot just double Adams.

Being devil's advocate, how is the offense worse?

RB's are the same and more experienced.
Dillion
Jones
Amari Rodgers- Flex
PS Squad Players

O-line is ultimately the same.
Yosh played 9 games and did fine without Bak.
Runyan is another year experienced.
Meyer is another year experienced
Newman, I do not like but is another year experienced and should be a little better
Jenkins will be solid at RT but it looks like Tom could take that roll at some point. It seems like he will be just as good as Turner (who was average) that we released.
Depth is a little suspect at Guard with Hanson and Ryhan but other than that o-line is virtually very similar to last year.

QB
Same

TE's
The same again and actually Tonyan should be healthy this year. Then you have Lewis again and Davis who they like for some reason. :)

WR's

This may be the only position that is worse; however, we do still have Lazard, Cobb, and added Watkins. It looks like Doubs could be a diamond and Watson should really be very solid by mid-season.

We have only lost Adams and a lot of you have said that AR has eyes for Adams too much and focuses on only him at times. Now AR has the ability to spread the ball around, use RB's more, and defenses cannot just double Adams.
The ability to spread the ball is great but WR have to prove they can separate vs press coverage and read defenses. Adams was the only one capable of that last year

The ability to spread the ball is great but WR have to prove they can separate vs press coverage and read defenses. Adams was the only one capable of that last year
Not many in this league are of Adams caliber.

The success (or lack there-of) of the passing game is going to fall to ML’s ability to scheme people open AND to 12’s ability to spread the ball around in that scheme.

It remains to be seen if they can do that.

Not many in this league are of Adams caliber.

The success (or lack there-of) of the passing game is going to fall to ML’s ability to scheme people open AND to 12’s ability to spread the ball around in that scheme.

It remains to be seen if they can do that.
It’s great to scheme but you have to separate and beat press. If they get rerouted it’s not going to matter

Back