Official Game 1 GB vs Minnesota Thread

Im no to worried about this game. We should win but a couple scores. I think our defense will handle the Viking offense, and our offense will do well enough to get the win. Smith will get his good plays in, as well as Cook and Jefferson on offense,,,,like all good players do, but they will be controlled enough not to be a major disruption to the overall game. I will say Packers win 28-13

I will be interested to see if the defense lives up to all the hype. They did play well in the playoff game last year and did show us how good they can possibly be.

Having said that, here are my keys to the Packers getting the win:

Defense

Being Physical- The Viking o-line is not particularly a physical group. The d-line and the LB's need to punch them in the mouth immediately to get the Vikings o-line on their heels. Then I think we can dominate up front.

Tackling- This defense does not have a glaring hole but tackling has been issues at times with this D. If we tackle well, then I believe this defense may give up less then 20 points to this offense and we have a good chance of winning.

Pressure- Of course, pressure Cousins on a consistent basis. Cousins tends to throw the ball up when he gets pressured. He is not super mobile but he can run at times. Make him uncomfortable.

Turnovers- This a given every game; however, it is more important with divisional games.

Offense

Balanced- Use Dillion and Jones running the ball and out of the backfield. Quick short passes. Dare I say use Amari at times as well? With Lazard out, I think this is the best way to attack the Vikings defense.

Protect AR- This is always a givenas well but even more so this week. If we can keep the inside protected for AR, then we can push Griffin and Smith out on the edges and let AR step up or run, if needed. Also, I think running off tackle to Z Smith's side is huge. He does not play the run well and he will be jacked up to get some sacks on AR. I think he overplays and gets out of position.

Spread The Ball- This is AR's debut without Adams. He needs to spread the ball around and get as many WR's, TE's and RB's involved as possible. The Vikings secondary is not great. Since Lazard is hurt, I can see Tonyan having a big day in his debut back.

Oh yeah and let's not forget about the not special Special Teams. hide)

I do not like to predict games or scores. I do not know what is going to happen Sunday. I am going to sit back and relax and ENJOY THE SEASON!

Last edited:
Their offense has a new albeit similar system as before, basically the Rams offense. I think they have a new defense tho, so we might get some blown coverages.

Back