Official 2016 Packers Training Camp Thread

Geronimo Allison is having a fantastic TC. Caught 3 TD's in yesterday's practice - 2 from Rodgers in a scout team Red Zone session. 2 more today.
He has some good pre-season games could find some other team that wants to sign him to the active roster.

Hopefully the light comes on and Janis doesn't become another Schroeder: A guy with tons of talent but just can't put it altogether and see it realized.

I wonder if Janis' ST prowess will be enough to secure a roster spot for him even with an injured hand? wondering(

I would say no to Janis at this point. I would have no issue if they put him on IR for the year and then see if he finally gets it in training camp next year but I just don't think he is worth a roster spot if he cannot run routes and AR does not trust him. Our offense is so much about timing. If he has not gotten it by now then he will never get it, IMHO. As far as ST's go, someone on here said that Banjo is a good gunner and Captain of ST's. I agree, we will be ok without Janis on ST's.

It is unfortunate he broke his hand but it did not look like he was getting it anyway.

Tweets from the Coach's presser today.

ZOOK
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde
Ron Zook on @abbrecadabra's 34-yard free-kick return: "That was all him. I don't know if we blocked anybody ... that's what Jared can do."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 46m46 minutes ago
Zook sees Perillo in the mold of Kuhn in that he can line up in a lot of places on special teams.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 46m46 minutes ago
Zook on Jared Abbrederis on special teams: Heck of a returner. Great instincts & can catch the football.

CAPERS
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 42m42 minutes ago
Capers on first game: Good look at young guys. We’ll have a good challenge Thursday. This is an explosive offensive team.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 41m41 minutes ago
Capers on Datone Jones: I thought he got off to a good start Friday night. Good physical plays. We think he can set the edge in the run game

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 40m40 minutes ago
Capers on Matthews: He knows what we do. Just a matter of getting him ready. He still rushed on 3rd down. Not like he’ll lose anything.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 39m39 minutes ago
Capers on ILB: We wanted to make sure we got a good look at Carl Bradford on first and second down. Got a lot of good work.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 39m39 minutes ago
Dom Capers on Joe Thomas and Carl Bradford: "I thought both those guys had a couple flash plays where you saw their ability show up."

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 40m40 minutes ago
Capers on playing vets: As long as they get practice reps in. If missing practice time, it affects preseason games. We know what they can do

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 38m38 minutes ago
Capers on Dean Lowry: He’s a young guy. We need to continue get a good look at him. Know won’t have Mike Pennel first 4 games.

BENNETT
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 34m34 minutes ago
Edgar Bennett on Lacy: Off to a good start. That was one of the goals, wanted to run the football. First unit did a good job of that.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 34m34 minutes ago
Bennett on Lacy: Off to a good start. Goal to run football. First unit did a nice job.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 35m35 minutes ago
Bennett on Perillo: He’s versatile. Has ability to separate and get open. He’ll extend arms and catch away from his body. Strong hands.

Bennett on Hundley: He came in and was a positive day. He’ll be evaluated and coach McCarthy will decide on him later in the week.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 34m34 minutes ago
Ty Montgomery was given a rest day. No injury. #Packers

Bennett on Callahan: Managed the run game. Look at his 2-minute drive. Displayed some of his talents. 12 plays, 80 yards, put it in the EZ.

TRGOVAC
Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 24m24 minutes ago
Ringo is "way ahead" of where he was as a rookie last year, Trgo says.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m23 minutes ago
Trgovac on Pennel: Not treating him any differently other than would have played him earlier. Giving him his reps in practice.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 23m23 minutes ago
Trgovac on Clark: Very serious young man. Takes in everything you say. Takes his job very seriously. Say something, he writes it down.

WHITT
Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 15m15 minutes ago
Joe Whitt on CBs: We have to play better all the way around. Made some plays, but not consistently enough. Numbers good but good rush.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 13m13 minutes ago
Whitt on CBs; We’re going to rotate. Have to make sure everyone has comfort level at each spot and with each other.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
Whitt calls Hyde "rare" because of his versatility. Safety, nickel, dime and even at corner.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
Whitt continues that Hyde is one of 11 best defensive players.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
Whitt on depth at CB: At this point, we have a bunch of young guys haven’t proved self. Have one guy. Everyone else needs to come along.

I like the tough love from Joe Whitt. Lotta press about that young CB group but no one has seized that spot. Still think Rollins winds up outside because IMO he tracks the ball in the air better than Randall, and Randall's more natural spot may be that nickel back role. On the other hand, I like Rollins' physicality from the slot.

It's funny how camp plays out. Was anyone expecting turnover at C? But here we are and Linsley is thisclose to losing his job due to that lingering hammy.

Back