Mistrust in Jeff Janis remains the biggest mystery of the season

I'm not quite old enough to remember Don Beebe's playing days (though ive been to his speed camp) but how was he compared to Janis? I'm sure Don was an overall better receiver, but if I could get a comparison, that'd be appreciated.

As far as speed (understanding that people can argue the conditions), he smoked Janis (and everyone else) with what apparently is still the combine record of 4.21 versus Jeff's #5 WR time of 4.42. As a receiver, I'd say it's impossible at this time to compare them, simply because Jeff hasn't played. FWIW, Beebe's stats are good, but not great, other than his average yards/catch, which certainly had something to so with speed.

http://www.nfl.com/player/donbeebe/2499594/profile

by the time he played for the packers he was something like 32 years old and i doubt he had 4.21 speed any more.

can't prove anything at all if you are never given the chance. which was pretty much the point of this entire thread. how did you miss that?
So if you run had routes in practice. And if you cannot pick up the offense in film study and because ofvthat you should be rewarded with playing time?

So if you run had routes in practice. And if you cannot pick up the offense in film study and because ofvthat you should be rewarded with playing time?

Why did they reward Adams with playing time? he sucked this year. Bad routes, lazy routes, drops, no fight for balls that weren't right to him.... On a team like DEN, ARI, or NE he probably would have been cut. How can GB claim that Janis should get limited time for not performing while they give Adams chance after chance after chance? You could say the same about RR as well. After the fast start he really sucked most of the year.

Admittedly this question is less about Janis himself, and more about how MM runs his team in regards to WR. Which I think is a more important question. I think the discussion here is really less about Janis himself (he's just the proxy for the debate) and more about how MM can claim one player doesn't deserve more time but other poorly performing players do.

To play devils advocate hide)they'd actually have to give him more opportunity to show what he has over 16 games. Not just throw him 2 balls over 16 games (ok, I htink it wa actually like 10) and say they have an accurate assessment of what he can do.

They gave Adams that chance, and he didn't do very much with it. Adams never had a game that came even close to what Janis did in the playoff game. Abbey never came close to those numbers either. So why did they get a disproportionate number of chances vs Janis? Because of practice? If practice doesn't translate to game day then it's worthless.

Everyone wanted Janis to prove it over the season, yet they didn't give him as many chances. I'd have an easier time accepting that argument if you have him the same number of targets as Abbey and Adams for example and then compared them.

If Adams or Abbey had gone off for 7 catches 149 yards and 2 TD's, one to force OT the packers and many fans would be crowing about they were the future, and how it was a breakout game.
Adams was a second round pick who put up numbers at the D1 level. Like it or not 99.percent of guys in that position get a chance. I could start a thread of one game wonders beginning with Matt Flynn. How many fans waneed to slap the franchise tag on him. How did that one turn out. This is not a developmental league. As glanville once said the NFL means not for long.

Why did they reward Adams with playing time? he sucked this year. Bad routes, lazy routes, drops, no fight for balls that weren't right to him.... On a team like DEN, ARI, or NE he probably would have been cut. How can GB claim that Janis should get limited time for not performing while they give Adams chance after chance after chance? You could say the same about RR as well. After the fast start he really sucked most of the year.

Admittedly this question is less about Janis himself, and more about how MM runs his team in regards to WR. Which I think is a more important question. I think the discussion here is really less about Janis himself (he's just the proxy for the debate) and more about how MM can claim one player doesn't deserve more time but other poorly performing players do.
Adams proved it last year over 16 games. Any coach worth his water sticks with that guy over a raw WR who his QB wI'll not trust

Adams was a second round pick who put up numbers at the D1 level. Like it or not 99.percent of guys in that position get a chance. I could start a thread of one game wonders beginning with Matt Flynn. How many fans waneed to slap the franchise tag on him. How did that one turn out. This is not a developmental league. As glanville once said the NFL means not for long.

If we're going to use Flynn as an example he wasn't a one game wonder. He played well at the Patriots game in the year we won the SB. He played extremely well in the Detroit game...which got him the big contract w/Seattle. And he played well in the Dallas game and a couple of other games the year Rodgers broke his collarbone. He is obviously not a starting QB but he did do better than one game.

As far as Janis goes, IMO he was one of the bright spots of the AZ game.

I hope they keep him and give him more opportunities to play. Like others suggested find out how HE learns things and teach that way.

just wondering how many practices you attended during the season this year so i can understand how you can draw these conclusions.

just wondering how many practices you attended during the season this year so i can understand how you can draw these conclusions.

A lot of that comes from what MM and Arod has said throughout the season.

Back