Mistrust in Jeff Janis remains the biggest mystery of the season

A lot of that comes from what MM and Arod has said throughout the season.

maybe i missed something, but i don't recall any quotes from either of those two that said janis has not learned the offense or practiced well. in fact i recall specific quotes from mccarthy - who said that janis was ready to play last year but they just never had a chance to use him, and after a game earlier this season rodgers begrudgingly saying something to the effect of janis had a good game.i also remember specific reports from training camp by reporters talking about how janis was making big-time plays virtually every day in practice.i can go search for those if need be. can anyone point me to one of these quotes that you are referring to?

maybe i missed something, but i don't recall any quotes from either of those two that said janis has not learned the offense or practiced well. in fact i recall specific quotes from mccarthy - who said that janis was ready to play last year but they just never had a chance to use him, and after a game earlier this season rodgers begrudgingly saying something to the effect of janis had a good game.i also remember specific reports from training camp by reporters talking about how janis was making big-time plays virtually every day in practice.i can go search for those if need be. can anyone point me to one of these quotes that you are referring to?

I'd be interested to read those... That would be intriguing

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...ff-Janis/fe10c62b-f5a3-4a91-8e3a-f4c4fb03fff6

[BCOLOR=rgb(248, 248, 248)]
“Now it’s a completely different world,” Janis said, comparing this year to his rookie season of 2014, when he joined the Packers as a seventh-round draft pick. “It’s really starting to slow down for me. I’m starting to see things a little differently, and it’s coming a lot easier.”
[/BCOLOR]
Much of that progress had been made last season. Head Coach Mike McCarthy said this offseason that in the latter stages of 2014, Janis was ready to step in and play.
[/BCOLOR]
It just turned out, with fellow rookies Davante Adams and Richard Rodgers both emerging as regular pass-catching threats at roughly the same time, Janis wasn’t needed. He was eager for his chance, though.
[/BCOLOR]
every time i try to post the link to this article, it inserts a media clip instead
Janis didn't get any playing time toward the end of the season, but head coach Mike McCarthy revealed at the NFL combine in February that Janis was essentially ready to go after Thanksgiving, per Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin:
"I thought probably after Thanksgiving, I thought Jeff really picked it up [in practice]. He was more comfortable, and so I look for him to take a step. He’s got to play with extension. That’s the one thing he has to do a better job of. But you can see it on the scout team, and at the end of the year he was running some really good routes. Really good routes."
[/BCOLOR]
[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
So, it seems this thread originally considered the thought that maybe Janis deserved more of a chance earlier. We will never know. In our haste to crown him the 'Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda' player of 2015 we now have alluded to a conspiracy of TT and MM to hide and derail his development? Seriously? You don't think that if young Jeff was everything we hope he might become that TT and MM wouldn't use him more? C'mon guys. If they thought Janis would have won more games for them they would have played him more. It would have made them look like geniuses. TT uncovers another 7th round gem! MM developed a raw talent into our most dangerous weapon! It also leads to bashing Adams (who actually has a resume) when Cobb was the biggest disappointment this year. Take a step back and think it through. All these young WRs have been improving, even without a dedicated position coach. Injuries played a HUGE part in the WR corp all year. The only reason JJ was back here was injuries. What we learned was that Adams wasn't ready to step into #2 WR spot, Cobb gets paid big bucks, but isn't #1 material. Monty missed a huge opportunity to get playing experience. Most of all- our 5th and 6th WRs might be among the best 5th and 6th WR in the league, but they are 5th and 6th.

Dick Rod rode a wave of popularity after his hail mary catch also. But reality showed he is just Dick Rod. Janis still has a long way to go. I wish him good luck!

Back