Jay Bilas Top 68 Hoops Teams—-Perspective

UW is gonna do some damage in the tourney. B1G is tough this year.

Bucky is probably going to damage my happiness for 5 minutes during my 5 minutes of pity early.

Bilas makes really good points and perspective. The league is clearly the best in the country. The NCAA Net ranking (old RPI) tells the story, Michigan is 3, Illinois is 4, OSU is 7 and Iowa is 9. Everybody past the top 4 have flaws. And what works in UW favor at tournament time is the SEC, ACC & Big 12 are all about 2-3 teams deep, same with PAC 12.

I don't hold much hope for a good run in the tourney. I honestly think they might win one game, but out in the second.

It perplexes me though. I honestly think they're a much better team than what we've seen. The lack of production from Davison, Ford, and Reivers escapes me.

I don't hold much hope for a good run in the tourney. I honestly think they might win one game, but out in the second.

It perplexes me though. I honestly think they're a much better team than what we've seen. The lack of production from Davison, Ford, and Reivers escapes me.
All depends on matchups, always has always will. The bigger thing to me is that the bench is short and losing Carlson and Bowman really hurts. Reuvers is the most perplexing. Now he played well last time out so hope it carries over. I think Davison let’s his defense effect his offense. He’s not getting the calls and honestly some is self inflicted. Ford is your classic streak shooter. He is what he is

Bucky is probably going to damage my happiness for 5 minutes during my 5 minutes of pity early.
I still think at best they won't go past sweet 16. Team is way to inconsistant this year.

I still think at best they won't go past sweet 16. Team is way to inconsistant this year.
Depends on matchups. As Bilas said the league is a gauntlet. Reminds me a lot of 2016-17 team a bit. Remember FF team that lost to Kentucky was inconsistent, lost 5 of 6 at one point

Depends on matchups. As Bilas said the league is a gauntlet. Reminds me a lot of 2016-17 team a bit. Remember FF team that lost to Kentucky was inconsistent, lost 5 of 6 at one point
It's not necessarily the number of losses that bothers me. That team never seemed to lose focus. This year's version does lose focus all too often.

I agree that our bench isn't there, but in all honesty, our starters aren't really making their mark well enough to bring the bench into play.

What I can't figure out is how the three players I mentioned earlier just seem to have lost their game. It just doesn't make sense! What happened? They aren't nearly as good as they were two years ago.

It's not necessarily the number of losses that bothers me. That team never seemed to lose focus. This year's version does lose focus all too often.

I agree that our bench isn't there, but in all honesty, our starters aren't really making their mark well enough to bring the bench into play.

What I can't figure out is how the three players I mentioned earlier just seem to have lost their game. It just doesn't make sense! What happened? They aren't nearly as good as they were two years ago.
Last night I noticed something in Davison that might be telling. He seems to be more focused on defense than what’s going happening on offense. Example....when he make a pass to rotate the ball he’s not making cuts to the hoop. He’s just stagnant, not much off the ball motion. Then when he gets in position to shoot he’s not balanced and squared up.

Reuvers is the most perplexing. One theory I have is that he lost confidence when he was on the floor with Potter. He was like a guy without a position. He was not getting the same looks as last year and forced the issue at times. Much like Davison his feet are not set and second guesses his shot, aiming it a bit. And that in turn impacts his defense. On the plus side the last 3 games he’s looked more comfortable and Gard has him back in the starting lineup.

Ford is what he is. A streak shooter. He had a nice run and last part of last year but his numbers are about what you typically got from him

Back