James Starks re-signs

Proof TT overpaid for Starks. Cowboys sign Alford Morris for 2 years with a 3.5 million base and can earn up 5.5 million

Well, consider that Morris comes with much risk. After averaging 4.8 yards a carry his rookie year he went 4.6, then 4.1 and last year 3.7. It didn't matter the scheme, he wasn't the same RB he was two years ago. I know, I had him on my fantasy team last year, LOL. (Fortunately I was able to pick up Devonta Freeman early enough and unloaded Morris shortly after!)

Unfortunately the Redskins do not view him as a RB that will return to form. Dallas will be a good opportunity for Morris behind a good OL to see if he can return to form.

Well, consider that Morris comes with much risk. After averaging 4.8 yards a carry his rookie year he went 4.6, then 4.1 and last year 3.7. It didn't matter the scheme, he wasn't the same RB he was two years ago. I know, I had him on my fantasy team last year, LOL. (Fortunately I was able to pick up Devonta Freeman early enough and unloaded Morris shortly after!)

Unfortunately the Redskins do not view him as a RB that will return to form. Dallas will be a good opportunity for Morris behind a good OL to see if he can return to form.
Indeed.

Morris had 3.7 avg rushing and just 55 yards receiving. 1 total TD.

Starks had 4.1 avg rushing and 392 yards receiving. 5 TDs.

187 more total yards. 4 more touchdowns.

It's a "what have you done for me lately" -league.

This is why it's so important to have a good season in a contract year. Morris' production was headed the wrong way while Starks had a solid year (except for the fumbles). While I think Starks deal is a little high, it seems they both got what they earned based on the previous years' production. It is indeed a "what have you done for me lately" league.

Proof TT overpaid for Starks. Cowboys sign Alford Morris for 2 years with a 3.5 million base and can earn up 5.5 million

Honestly, you could make a case he overpaid for several we've re-signed this off-season:

1. Lane Taylor-currently the 34th highest paid Guard in the NFL. Pretty pricey for a guy a lot of us would agree is a shaky backup.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

2. Mason Crosby-after his re-sign he is making top 3 kicker money. He's good, but not that good.

I don't have a huge problem with these signings, but they were definitely overpays.

Honestly, you could make a case he overpaid for several we've re-signed this off-season:

1. Lane Taylor-currently the 34th highest paid Guard in the NFL. Pretty pricey for a guy a lot of us would agree is a shaky backup.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

2. Mason Crosby-after his re-sign he is making top 3 kicker money. He's good, but not that good.

I don't have a huge problem with these signings, but they were definitely overpays.

I do agree keeping Lane Taylor who I thought could have been replaced thru a late round pick was a bad move. Crosby was already making top 10 money as a kicker already so what he got after being an above average kicker did not shock me.

Back