It's not Eliot Wolf we need to keep.......

There's a bunch of guys scheduled to become Free Agents, who actually gets there I'm not sure.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cornerback/
Thanks, Crease! Can't see some of those guys making it to FA, but there should be some good players to be had. Hope the next guy doesn’t destroy the cap, but I do hope he's willing to look at all angles. It would be nice to have some of the holes filled before the draft! thumbsup

When superstars redo their contracts, they rarely, if ever, lose money. They usually extend it to stretch it out, or give them more upfront money in bonus form to gain relief on the cap. I'd be shocked if Aaron refused to do it, unless they flat out ask him to take a big cut. Hopefully, they're smarter than that...and I think they are. His contract isn't up, is it?

All depends on Arods opinion on the matter.. Brady took less money to enable NE to sign better players. Can't imagine Arod needs any more money on the pile, but if it means one last shot or twp at a title before a major rebuild maybe he will.

When superstars redo their contracts, they rarely, if ever, lose money. They usually extend it to stretch it out, or give them more upfront money in bonus form to gain relief on the cap. I'd be shocked if Aaron refused to do it, unless they flat out ask him to take a big cut. Hopefully, they're smarter than that...and I think they are. His contract isn't up, is it?

It wouldn't be to give him less, it'd be to give him a little more and extend the years. And more than that, symbolically would be a "lifetime contract," one that runs beyond when you expect him to stop playing. They actually save money cutting him next year though there's a little dead money still. In 2018 and 2019 no dead money for cutting him. So I think it says something if they just let the contract play out. With all this cap room now'd be the time to do it IMO.

Elliot Wolf and Brian Gutukunst both to interview with 49ers for open GM job.

Good.

I heard Schneider's mom and dad want him to have a shot at the GB GM job bad. I assume we would have to give up some major draft picks to get him though. Not sure GB would do that.

Good.

I heard Schneider's mom and dad want him to have a shot at the GB GM job bad. I assume we would have to give up some major draft picks to get him though. Not sure GB would do that.

He just signed a 5 year ext in June so I think odds are slim he leaves Seattle esp since he said there is no out clause in his new deal to go to GB.

Good.

They had their chance. Schneider had an opt out clause if the Packer GM job came open. The Packers sat pat, Schneider got extended, and the new deal has no opt out clause in it. Looks like that ship has sailed. But who knows anymore? Contracts don't seem to mean much these days.

They can buy him out of that deal if they want to but I doubt they do. If it was just money maybe, but won't surrender picks. They have a short list already so it says something that, after years of refusing them interviews, both Wolf and Gutekunst are hitting the market. I mean, if I were one of three people in line for a promotion and I was pretty sure I wasn't going to get it, I'd get right out there too.

Back