Free Agent Wish List

Packers bring back the human turnstyle Don Barclay back again on a 1 year 1.3 million dollar deal.

I wish I could be optimistic, but I see a lot of guys leaving GB, and nobody coming in. Even if we do see Thompson make FA signings, they're probably going to be camp bodies, to compete, and make others work harder.

Free agency, this year, is hurting us a great deal. We started out looking at the draft as a place where we could strengthen the defense. We definitely needed CBs. Now, with Shields gone, and Hyde out as a FA, we've lost a CB and a hybrid S/CB as well. The situation is worse.

It doesn't end there. It looks like a revolving door leaving GB on offense. Lang is as good as gone. Tretter is gone. Who did we resign? Barclay. (I'll post some more as soon as I quit crying! Gawd!) That's it. We got him to stick around. Didn't exactly create a reason to prepare a Super Bowl party.

We've lost 40% of our offensive line. Now that becomes a priority, and the stark reality of it is that Tretter would have been the better choice to keep at center than Linsley. We're going to see Rodgers hit way too often.

So, which is higher priority? Get guys on offense who can protect Rodgers, or find CBs? Unless Thompson does something, this team could be in serious trouble. He should have been either looking to keep people, or looked for FAs who could do the job.

Well, we haven't lost Lang yet, though I suppose you are right that the odds don't look good. I really don't count us having lost much of anything on OL . . . yet . . . except depth. Tretter is good, but it's not like he's leaps and bounds better than Linsley. So, for me, we are "okay" for the moment. Lose Lang, and things look crappy for the line. Keep Lang, draft a guard in the middle rounds, and we'll be OK.

The Hyde loss bothers me a little more actually. Defense was already a problem, especially the secondary. I don't understand why you would let him walk. He was versatile and a solid option as a punt returner. Not special at anything but good at a lot of things. Kind of a glue guy. The thing about him that I won't miss is the lack of speed. That's just sort of a general knock I have against the whole defense - TT needs to add some speed at LB and CB.

If TT is going to let all these guys walk, he better do something to sign some depth. Draft choices and UDFAs aren't the way to backfill for the loss of solid young players like Hyde and Tretter, and likely others.

Read that Seattle is going to put full court pressure on Lang to sign with them.

losing Hyde does not bother me. He got paid. good for him but he isn't worth that.

I don't think all is grim in GB. We signed Perry. That was our biggest FA. I want Lang back also. He didn't get a lot of rumors going yesterday when other guards were. Maybe teams are a little worried about his injuries. Would love to have him back on a 3 deal. Hes a warrior.

There are still some really good players out there on day 2.

Wish list:
Hightower. I would just freaking love to sweep in and steal him away from the pats. Hes a playmaker and would be a pro bowl talent in the middle of our D. this happening is unlikely

Cook I think we need to keep him here. He made the O go and would only be better in year 2.

Hakins Guy or Logan. Love how Clark came on late but can never have enough fatties. all 3 would be huge upgrades over Guion.

any CB help. there are plenty of starters out there. Maybe no superstars but nice vets that could be some patch work while he draft and groom a rook again

If we lose Lang now along with already losing Tretter then TT deserves to be fired for having allowed one of the teams strengths to turn into a weakness in just a few days. Totally unacceptable.

Back