Free Agent Wish List

Dubz41

Reaction score
I couldn't find the 'things that will never happen in a TT world' tab so I'm posting this here.

IF the Pack is going to go ALL IN, seems pressure is mounting that direction, here is my wish:

#1- Contrary to going after our biggest needs, OLB or CB, I'm voting for DL Johnathan Hankins Giants 6'2" 320. He just finished his rookie contract, he was injured last season (torn pec), is only 25 years old. He is on a team that spent an unbelievable amount of money on the defensive side of the ball last year and they may not be able to afford him. I think he might be had for a little less than Mike Daniels and he has the size Daniels doesn't. He could solidify our DLine which would improve the back seven also. He could be ripe for the picking. He's a midwestern kid from Michigan. I'm thinking 4yrs $32M with half of that guaranteed?

#2- Josh Gordon WR from Hazelden Rehab. Vet minimum, drug clauses. Green Bay has a lot less temptation than other urban areas. Gives him a chance to win and catch passes from one of the best. Can you imagine the success Jordy would experience as a #2 WR? Davante would rip it up as a #3. 27 years old, might be we get him just as he grows up.

#3- Melvin Ingram. Chargers OLB. Pretty good at everything. He might want to go from one of the most dysfunctional ownerships to one of the steadiest. 28 yrs old. Winning might be one of his top priorities now. Don't know if we can afford this 'A' lister though.

Okay, there's my fix it ideas. Hankins situation seems ripe for TT to make one last splash, because if he doesn't make a splash this year he won't get another chance to enhance his legacy. Glorified scout or the GM who made the move and won more than one Lombardi.

Green Bay has more than enough pot heads on the team already but I like the way you are thinking

Josh Gordon will never play again. Packers nor any team will take on that pothead case.

my biggest priority would be to find a proven veteran corner. one with the speed to cover the premier receivers one-on-one. d-line would be second. olb would be third. funny how somethings never change.

Right now probably the best guy to go after is Gilmore. He likely won't take breaking the bank to sign and would be a marked improvement over our current CBs.

Yep, I agree with everyone above. We need a #1ish kind of outside corner who can come in and play right away.

Just pick the one with the least significant injury history, as he may be able to hold up a little longer once the Packers' training staff gets a hold.

And then grabbing another solid starter or solidly contributing backup on defense would be nice. Just about every position group could use one.

Just pick the one with the least significant injury history, as he may be able to hold up a little longer once the Packers' training staff gets a hold.
I wonder if players look at Green Bay's offers and think, 'The money and team look great, but do I really want to get injured? That training staff has issues!'

:D

Time for my yearly party pooper post. None... because it's Ted. He will resign his own FA and extend a couple guys and call it"his" Free agency. I think he goes out and gets 1 mid range FA like Cook last yr but other then that none. tc(

Time for my yearly party pooper post. None... because it's Ted. He will resign his own FA and extend a couple guys and call it"his" Free agency. I think he goes out and gets 1 mid range FA like Cook last yr but other then that none. tc(

well, of course what you are saying is true. but the title was "wish list".

Back