2021 Off Season Thread

Why pay big contracts out if you know those players are not going to help you win? Best to move on and have the cap space IMO.
how can you project they wont help you? And we have no idea what Love brings to the table yet...

Still who do you keep? Clark might be overpaid for what he does and do you want to keep Z Smith who will be pushing 30 to rebuild while trying to stay competitive? Bak and Jones stay for a couple years at least as they can't be cut due to cap.
I hate the rebuild tag especially with this team. We have no idea what the QB brings, none. If he goes 9-8 or respectable you add pieces. I hate the rebuild narrative

I hate the rebuild tag especially with this team. We have no idea what the QB brings, none. If he goes 9-8 or respectable you add pieces. I hate the rebuild narrative
Thing is all teams rebuild at some point. Packers have been lucky they have had 2 back to back MVPs QB over the last 30 years that have been able to make this team competitive year in and year out despite if they had talent around them or not.

Why not if trading off your two best players you won't win soon and with cap issue in 2022 why not blow it up and go full rebuild then?
Thinking you can blow something up and rebuild from scratch is a great way to guarantee that your team is a perpetual bottom feeder. You don’t voluntarily jump into that hole assuming there is some sort of logical or predictable process that gets you out of it. More times than not a team just winds up stuck.

Thing is all teams rebuild at some point. Packers have been lucky they have had 2 back to back MVPs QB over the last 30 years that have been able to make this team competitive year in and year out despite if they had talent around them or not.
not all teams, some reload with pieces without gutting a roster. It's a combination of roster management, cap management and drafting. We have no idea what cap number will be here in 2-3 years. Declaring that is a rebuild in GB is just not true

I tried to stick with sources that didn't appear to have an ax to grind, so...

Breakout

Disruptive
okay, so is a guy who played only a couple hundred snaps last year, and might possibly be a breakout player in his third year in the league a great pick at #12? or is it possible that he looked good in limited snaps because opponents didn't really focus on a part-time player?

not all teams, some reload with pieces without gutting a roster. It's a combination of roster management, cap management and drafting. We have no idea what cap number will be here in 2-3 years. Declaring that is a rebuild in GB is just not true
I just think that outside of Alexander there is no young star that you don't pay to build around on this team as of right now. Does Love become that guy on offense? Maybe

okay, so is a guy who played only a couple hundred snaps last year, and might possibly be a breakout player in his third year in the league a great pick at #12? or is it possible that he looked good in limited snaps because opponents didn't really focus on a part-time player?
Let’s revisit this question in late December.

Back