Za'Darius Smith ticketed for marijuana

40 states have legalized either marijuana or cbd oil (or both) for medicinal use. i'm pretty sure that makes it the rule rather than exception. and while there are only 12 states that have fully legalized marijuana for all uses (including recreational), if you measure the percentage of population in those states i think we are getting close to the tipping point.
Medical use vs recreational use is night and day. The battle just to get medical use passed was a dogfight

Medical use vs recreational use is night and day.

yes and no. before california made recreational use legal, medical use was legal for quite some time. for $25 you could go to a walk-in clinic/dispensary and get a medical use card from a licensed physician just by claiming that you had chronic back pain. lots of medical users were not really medical users.

yes and no. before california made recreational use legal, medical use was legal for quite some time. for $25 you could go to a walk-in clinic/dispensary and get a medical use card from a licensed physician just by claiming that you had chronic back pain. lots of medical users were not really medical users.
California is not Georgia or Carolina or Tennessee or Mississippi. Hell in some counties I cannot by alcohol on Sundays. I just don’t see the Bible Belt getting I got weed game.

CA major issue is black market sales of weed Because of taxes legal stores ahving hard time making a go because so many peopel selling illegally on the side to avoid paying taxes

There's no reasonable argument against legalizing pot. The tax issue isn't really a problem. They can pass the leg work onto the states. Simply add a national sales tax to the sales tax from each state, and all they have to do is wait for the checks to roll in. A flat rate of let's say10%, across the board, collected by each state, along with an assessment collected against producers, and we're talking about billions of dollars for the taking instead of it going into the pockets of people breaking the law.

All that money could even be earmarked for the job of fighting the battle against drug smugglers, and protection of our borders. It could also be used to promote help for those who need help breaking their addictions to opiods, and drugs like coke, and heroin.

Just my opinion.

EDIT: And by the way. With my back pain, I'd probably give it a shot and see if it helps. I know darned well it wouldn't put me in a position where the opiods the doctors have been pushing would bring me.

and we're talking about billions of dollars for the taking instead of it going into the pockets of people breaking the law.

and let's not forget the hundreds of billions that were spent fighting the war against weed and incarcerating "felons" for simple possession.

After watching that, I don't think Z knew it was in the vehicle.

I'd be interested in TW's opinion, as he was a cop, and no doubt much better at spotting lies than I am. lol

Back