With waiving of Jason Spriggs, door opens for Alex Light

I have heard Madison has looked pretty good considering he was out of football all last year.

The Jason spriggs era is over !! We should have an appreciation thread or something LOL dance)

He just never seemed to learn to move his feet or learn proper form. Can another team coach him up? We will see.

Spriggs footwork was like watching an elephant doing ballet. He never mastered the first step, let alone the rest of the moves needed to maintain leverage. Simply ended up playing upright, and pushed around. He had to grab to maintain his balance, not the block.

I would not put light up there right now I think Pankey can get a backup spot

I chose Light because to me, the OL guys are not interchangeable. Pankey "might" be a better player overall, but the problem is he's mostly an interior guy. To me the inside spots are covered with McCray and Jenkins. I think RT could be covered by Turner and probably McCray. Of the tackles, Light seems like the most promising swing tackle. I don't need to see another guard who is completely out of his element playing LT if BahkT goes down for a game or parts of a game.

Now, maybe Light will prove to be a disappointment in preseason, and someone else will stand out, but Gute thought enough of Light to keep him around last year so he's the guy I'm looking to first to see if he can play LT.

Madison had problems in game #1 with his hands. He kept allowing himself to be put out of position and had to grab to maintain any semblance of a block. His footwork needs some work. He gets caught off-balance.

Back