With waiving of Jason Spriggs, door opens for Alex Light

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usatsi_11106158.jpg

The Packers added a running back to their depleted group.

Continue reading...

Thus ends the saga of Jason Spriggs. Must really like what they've seen in Alex Light as a back I'd guess.

I really don't hold out much hope for any of our backup depth right now nothing says to me Rodgers will live if these guys would have to play

Did anyone check if Spriggs got hurt when the door hit him in the ass on the way out?

Not a huge surprise. He was a miss right from the get-go. Lots of us and the fanbase cheered his selection, but man that athleticism just never translated.

Jenkins, McCray and Light seem like the top 3 backups right now. Not sure there is anyone else worth keeping on the roster. Madison, Patrick and Nijman seem like PS options though I'm not sure Patrick qualifies anymore.

I would not put light up there right now I think Pankey can get a backup spot

Not a huge surprise. He was a miss right from the get-go. Lots of us and the fanbase cheered his selection, but man that athleticism just never translated.

Pure Spread OT. It's a 50/50 proposition with any of these kids coming out. Some can learn and adapt but more fail then make it.

gotta say, i thought he would be a star when we drafted him. too bad.

Yeah rb I had high hopes too, I thought at very least he’d be another Darryn Colledge. Frankly I’m surprised he was able to come back and play at all last year after the patella injury but that hurt him too.

And really, I was adamant even yesterday that they’d keep him for no other reason than there are so few OT anywhere around the league, I thought Gute would want the comfort. He’s moving on, and I guess it’s gotta be done.

Back