With their 5th pick in the 2021 Draft GB selects Ole Miss OT Royce Newman

You can't let him just walk as a FA if he decides to accept an early deal can you?
You are if it’s a $15 cap hit on a tag. And yeah the chances of him accepting an early deal are relatively high

You are if it’s a $15 cap hit on a tag. And yeah the chances of him accepting an early deal are relatively high
Thing is I think 2023 Packers cap situation won't be as bad as it is this year or next will allow you to take a $15 million cap hit if needed. But I would hope the Packers could get him to sign a early deal after this season.

Thing is I think 2023 Packers cap situation won't be as bad as it is this year or next will allow you to take a $15 million cap hit if needed. But I would hope the Packers could get him to sign a early deal after this season.
I don’t think there is a chance in hell they tag him @ $15m in 2023 (and that’s probably low since it’s the 2022 projected $$). Assuming he stays healthy and plays well he’s going to get well compensated. And there are so many moving parts in 2023 that it’s way too early to speculate

I don’t think there is a chance in hell they tag him @ $15m in 2023 (and that’s probably low since it’s the 2022 projected $$). Assuming he stays healthy and plays well he’s going to get well compensated. And there are so many moving parts in 2023 that it’s way too early to speculate
True but have to figure out of big contracts right now will only have what Bak and Clark on the books?

True but have to figure out of big contracts right now will only have what Bak and Clark on the books?
I am sure they will, it’s the 2021 season so there time. Too many moving parts

Back