Wisconsin wants to educate athletes on NIL, not oversee contracts. But some proposed deals raised questions.

I think all leagues though the owners work together to screw with salaries to keep them as surpressed as they can.
Not leagues without caps. Avg salary decrease. It was blatantly done

Not leagues without caps. Avg salary decrease. It was blatantly done
Yeah but I think NBA which does not really have a cap has screwed around with salaries too to keep costs in line

Come on though you don't think owners in all leagues talk though about what they can do to keep player costs down?
If you did not follow or see what MLB did to colluded I am not sure what to say.

I am not saying they did not just saying all leagues are guilyt of it
The NFL or NBA does not collude. Both have caps that limit spend and both had cap increases pre covid that increased average salary.

The NFL or NBA does not collude. Both have caps that limit spend and both had cap increases pre covid that increased average salary.
But you don't htink owners say lets do this to keep FA spending down this year?

Come on though you don't think owners in all leagues talk though about what they can do to keep player costs down?
Case in point
The average of the league’s top 125 salaries dropped from $17.9 million to $17.8 million, despite big new contracts handed out to elite players like Bryce Harper, Manny Machado, Mike Trout and Nolan Arenado

The average salary in MLB declined in each of the last two seasons, even thought the sport is bringing in record revenue, including a reported $10.3 billion last year. From 2014 to 2018, MLB revenue increased 14.4 percent but salaries went up just 7.2 percent.

Back