Wisconsin Football: Jim Leonhard and this defense deserve better

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The Wisconsin football team has fallen to 1-2 on the year after an embarrassing 41-13 loss to 12th ranked Notre Dame. That score however doesn’t tell the whole story, because Jim Leonhard and his defense came to play – just like they always do. Jim Leonhard’s defensive unit would finish the game allowing just 242 […]

Wisconsin Football: Jim Leonhard and this defense deserve better - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Impressive defensive numbers by Leonhard's group of young men. I wonder when the Leonhard as HC over PC crowd gets louder? After a couple more losses? After the year?

Impressive defensive numbers by Leonhard's group of young men. I wonder when the Leonhard as HC over PC crowd gets louder? After a couple more losses? After the year?
In 2-3 years, most fans / alumni know it’s not a realistic thing for awhile. But probably the ones who want to bench Mertz for Wolf might think so

Leonhard won't get the HC job in Wisconsin, unless it's down the road, and he comes back, to take the reins. Just my opinion, but I don't see him interested in stepping into a position that he's not ready to handle. He's a pragmatic person.

My sense on Jimmy it’s more about family. For a UW assistant he’s pretty well compensated. Not sure how long PC sticks, unless it’s a total meltdown its his call

Personally I would like the program to go outside of UW “family” next round. But the issue is compensation and that’s real. I highly doubt it a P5 coach currently and as to P5 assistant again its a comp thing.

I don't think he will leave UW soon either he turned down the Packers DC job which would have kept him in WI

When Leonhard does leave, it will be as the DC/Ass't HC for a school in one of the 5 major conferences, but probably not in the Big 10. I think he'll want to avoid that so he can come back to Wisconsin down the road.

I think he has two more years at Wisconsin at the most. I think a lot of his decision making will be based on how they do this year. I doubt he'll stick around to be part of the demise of the Chryst era, if it happens.

Moving to the NFL as a DC was not in his best interests. He was wise showing no real interest in the job.

When Leonhard does leave, it will be as the DC/Ass't HC for a school in one of the 5 major conferences, but probably not in the Big 10. I think he'll want to avoid that so he can come back to Wisconsin down the road.

I think he has two more years at Wisconsin at the most. I think a lot of his decision making will be based on how they do this year. I doubt he'll stick around to be part of the demise of the Chryst era, if it happens.

Moving to the NFL as a DC was not in his best interests. He was wise showing no real interest in the job.
He leaves as a HC IMO. His compensation is actually good and DC’s who get $$$ like Venables is few and far between.

Ass't HC would do the trick. It's money, and it's a learning curve for success, with the right HC.

Ass't HC would do the trick. It's money, and it's a learning curve for success, with the right HC.
I’m not convinced money is really going to move the decision. Take away the coordinators at OSU, Jimmy is the highest paid DC in the conference. Not sure on UM since Brown is gone. As to national he’s a top 25 paid assistant.

Back