Wisconsin Football: How does the future at the WR position look?

Does this just come down to recuriting then that UW can't recurit good talent at WR
And also folks have to understand the “star” system with recruiting. It’s beyond flawed. Now much of that is also evaluation. Just remember Jon Taylor was a 3 star kid before UW offered. And Danny Davis was a 4 star WR recruit.

You can’t put lipstick on a pig. It’s been 3 years now and Pryor or Davis can’t hit a basic route tree consistently. That’s plain and simple a talent issue. Chryst did not get stupid in 18 months. Coan ran the same system and no one bitched. And yeah they went to the RB. The difference? They had an elite RB, a functional OL and a big body WR who could run a route. This year you have none of the above
Maybe we have pigs as coaches and they believe they actually have put lipstick on their players?

Maybe we have pigs as coaches and they believe they actually have put lipstick on their players?
Yeah they were so incompetent the when they had 4 10+ win seasons and 3 NY 6 Bowls. prior for the Covid year. Yeah he has his flaws no doubt but if you expect a change at HC is going to make this team an 11 -12 win team each year your going to be disappointed. Did you have the same angst when Barry and BB had mediocre years? Even back to back mediocre years. Maybe if the administration would step up and increase the assistant salary pool we might retain a Thomas Brown

Yeah they were so incompetent the when they had 4 10+ win seasons and 3 NY 6 Bowls. prior for the Covid year. Yeah he has his flaws no doubt but if you expect a change at HC is going to make this team an 11 -12 win team each year your going to be disappointed. Did you have the same angst when Barry and BB had mediocre years? Even back to back mediocre years. Maybe if the administration would step up and increase the assistant salary pool we might retain a Thomas Brown
Yes. I was concerned during the down years with Bielema and Anderson. Bielema inherited a program that was working, and Anderson didn't understand it at all, wanted to dismantle it, but not in a good way.

Yes. I was concerned during the down years with Bielema and Anderson. Bielema inherited a program that was working, and Anderson didn't understand it at all, wanted to dismantle it, but not in a good way.
Anderson yes, that was universally a disaster. As to BB 2008 was the really bad “down” year. 2012 was not great. My point is he did not get the same scrutiny that PC gets with one current down year. I’m not sure that the program was working when BB took over. The last 2 years were 14-11 with a final 5-7 season. It needed a recharge and Barry was ready for the AD job.

Not Barry, but yes with Bilemna.

With Barry I admit to seeing overmatched teams, but not teams that were this 'off'?

And, I accept that Chryst isn't going anywhere. And, I accept that WI will not pay up to get a big gun.

But, over a beer, I get to wish, wonder what the hell is going on, and bitch about it.

With Barry I admit to seeing overmatched teams, but not teams that were this 'off'?

And, I accept that Chryst isn't going anywhere. And, I accept that WI will not pay up to get a big gun.

But, over a beer, I get to wish, wonder what the hell is going on, and bitch about it.
The 95 season with Barry was not concerning or his last year at 5-7? He had 2 7th place finishes, 1 in 8th and 2 in 5th. Those teams were brutal to watch. 95 and 96 were under 500 in conference. But The Emperor got a pass for reviving the program and that’s fair. But to say it was not concerning was a bit of red and white goggles

Again beating that damn dead horse again. You need resource, facilities and a commitment. I posted the issues in the Khalif comments
Well if you can get a good recuriter in it can help for lack of resources

The 95 season with Barry was not concerning or his last year at 5-7? He had 2 7th place finishes, 1 in 8th and 2 in 5th. Those teams were brutal to watch. 95 and 96 were under 500 in conference. But The Emperor got a pass for reviving the program and that’s fair. But to say it was not concerning was a bit of red and white goggles
Remember Barry in the 90s just took this team out of the dark ages he was getting more rope.

I think another down year there will be more people beating the drum for Leonhard to take over.

Back