Wisconsin and Under Armour

So must be like you said must have a clause in it with something with the team not playing games that lets them out of deal.
Force Majeure clause is very basic, and hoops team played up to NCAA / Pac 12 tourney, cant see them winning that one

So there is this ...
Pac-12 suspended sporting events on March 12. 100 days after that was June 20.
And here is the UA / UCLA agreement that pertains to it
It doesn't specifically include epidemics or pandemics. The cause or event must be (i) beyond commercially reasonable control of UA; and (ii) render the performance of the agreement impossible or impracticable. This might set a precedent for other covid / sports related cases.

DBF142A9-DB77-440B-9AAA-09C392522734.jpeg

So there is this ...
Pac-12 suspended sporting events on March 12. 100 days after that was June 20.
And here is the UA / UCLA agreement that pertains to it
It doesn't specifically include epidemics or pandemics. The cause or event must be (i) beyond commercially reasonable control of UA; and (ii) render the performance of the agreement impossible or impracticable. This might set a precedent for other covid / sports related cases.

View attachment 191
Could say covid falls under natural calamities or natural emergencies

Nobody is sure how a court would rule in that. Beyond reasonable control I think that might fly, render the performance of the agreement impossible or impracticable? That’s a long shot.

one thing that’s not in the contract is venue for any legal disputes. UA probably gets a better shake if it’s Maryland, California heavily favors UCLA. Was real surprised that no venue for litigation was noted.

Here is why UA is a bit of a jam. This is the only deal that they have undone, Cal is next but let’s see how that flies. They just extended Texas Tech. Now I’m assuming all agreements have the same Force Majeure language, which is likely

So why is UA only trying to get out of UCLA deal? It’s the only deal that contains Force Majeure language Sorry but that’s beyond stupid and irresponsible not to have it written in terms

Attachments

• E5CF08D0-80F1-4609-AE5D-8094E3EBB0A0.jpeg
    E5CF08D0-80F1-4609-AE5D-8094E3EBB0A0.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 5
UCLA should have stayed in their lane and went Big Baller Brand - none of this would be happening!

Wow UW is their 3rd and would be their 2nd biggest school deal if this gets voided?

UCLA should have stayed in their lane and went Big Baller Brand - none of this would be happening!
Seriously? BBB was a joke from Day 1....yeah and they were not an apparel brand or had $$$

Last edited:
Back